Today’s Release: Enhancements to Family Group
Today we released some minor changes to Family Group and a few bug fixes. Take a look at our full release notes below:
Your Family Group now only consists of Geni users. What this means is:
- Your Family List will only show people who have joined Geni
- Your Calendar will only show relatives who have joined Geni and your living close relatives
- You can now see your family’s birthdays and anniversaries for the entire year in your Calendar. Simply click “Show Full Year”
- Added validation to dates
- Fixed a bug on users’ Recent Activity that prevented users from going past the first page
- Fixed data conflicts on locked fields. When a merge is made into a Master Profile, data from locked fields will be used as the correct value.
To read our past release notes, go to our Announcements section in our Help Center.
UPDATE (March 28): We released some changes that should address your concerns:
- Added “Family Tree” to the list views, this will be the new default list
- Added “Family Tree” to profile stats, this will replace Family Members
The “Family Tree” list includes all the profiles that were listed before under the Family Group list. This essentially returns the functionality that was lost in this release.