Roll call- Irish families researched by Geni members

Started by Private User on Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 121-134 of 134 posts

Thanks Private User

Healey in Scranton-Wilkes-Barre Pa. area, probably from Cork.
Gilroy and Hagerty from Crossmolina parish, Mayo.

Added to the project list Bill !

I am of Irish descendants. Carmickle was our name but also referred as carmichael. . In info would be great appreciated. surnames are: carmickle, carmichael. Last known relative was Peter Carmickle 1758-1805 married to Maria (Mary Lucas)1760- unknown, of Lancaster, PA. you can contact me here or privately

In Ireland it would be Carmichael and the surname was most common in the Northern provinces at that time (now Northern Ireland) and it is a Scottish name from origin. Unfortunately the Irish records do not go back that far in time, church records start around 1800 and civil registration was only rolled out in 1864 in Ireland.
Ancestry shows me that Peter Carmichael was born in Hardin, Kentucky and that Maria Lucas was born in Conewaga PA.

Hi I’m looking to research walsh family David from lreland wife Agnes hoare from London an children lived buenos arires 1870s there granddaughter Maria Elena walsh was well known writer, signer, poet

I have mtDNA from Walsh of Mylerspark, NewRoss Co.Wexford.
"You
→ Kathleen Hickey your mother
→ Ellen Furlong her mother
→ Catherine Walsh, Mylerspark her mother

Her father was James Walsh, mother Bridget Fowler.
Look up "Walsh of the Mountain".

My main ones i'm researching are the Byrne's / Beirnes, Bailey, Vasey, Towey

Other names related or spousal attached - Stephens, Browne/Brown

Currance or Currence

I found a major Irish History in PA USA from Irishmen that came to work on railroad. Not sure if records in Ireland of these individuals. But thought maybe someone could share insight or be interested in project.

https://www.geni.com/projects/Duffy-s-Cut-massacre-and-memorial/56117

Billie

Ok I researching a Irish Family that ended up being one of the founders of America. Daniel Carroll son Daniel Carroll signed Constitution and more for America. The father though only has he cane from Ireland does anyone know where in Ireland. Like to know more about Dad here????

Daniel Carroll

Billie

Ireland CROWE (Crough, Croagh, Croak in Tipperary) and some emigration from Ireland

There is a separate Crowe group from Norfolk / Suffolk, England
and in North America a native tribe with the same name.
The Ross clan in Scotland also claims Crowe as a subset but I have no knowledge of this.

Showing 121-134 of 134 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion