Hungerford Family - establishing correct information (3) Walter II de Hungerford

Started by June Barnes on Saturday, June 2, 2012

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
6/2/2012 at 2:24 AM

The 3rd project discussion is about Walter de Hungerford

The aim is to establish the most accurate information about him that is available with sources if there are any other than uploaded trees that can be found extensively online. These quote other trees as their source - often repeating impossible dates etc.!

Presently -
Born: circa 1186, Heytesbury, Wiltshire, England
Died: Heytesbury, Wiltshire, England
Married Hawise de Quincy daughter of Saher III de Quincy, Magna Carta Baron, Earl of Wincester and Margaret de Beaumont, of Groby

Children

Sir Walter I de Hungerford
Grace de Stourton

Any information regarding sources etc. would be welcome in our quest for the best information available!

6/2/2012 at 6:49 AM

As far as I can establish Walter II de Hungerford was not married to Hawise de Quincy. I have removed the relationship - should anything come to light that confirms the relationship we can restore the connection.

2/20/2013 at 7:17 PM

has anything more been verified? I have a line to Walter de Hungerford and one to Hawise de Quincy m de Vere. The lines are close in time and location...

2/21/2013 at 12:42 AM

Sorry Melissa - been busy elsewhere but will get back to this. Have you and information to verify details?

2/22/2013 at 7:13 AM

June,
Only that my lines include Hungerford and Vere; I noticed her in two places. And both from around Hampshire. No proof but I'll keep trying when I've time.
Melissa

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion