Elizabeth Churchill (Foote) - Why are there three diiferent birthdays?

Started by Judith A Adams on Monday, August 6, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
8/6/2012 at 5:06 AM

01 NOV 1615
08 SEP 1616
16 JAN 1617
Which one is correct

8/6/2012 at 9:23 AM

I see the "About" contains 1 Nov 1615
The value stored (seem to be a result of a merges & data conflict resolution) is 8 Sep 1616.

Where do you see the 16 Jan 1617 value?

More importantly, is there a better source than that cited in the "About" for the correctness of the birth date?

Once the correct value is determined (and reference in the Source tab), a Curator can lock that field to preserve the value against inadvertent changes happening with future merges.

Tagging Erica Howton

Private User
8/6/2012 at 10:17 AM

The profile details shows a baptism date: 14 Jan 1617.

However this is a MP with absolutely no sources attached.

8/6/2012 at 11:24 AM

It's a "merge guide" profile for a direct ancestor of mine. Documenting efforts from her many descendants much appreciated.

8/6/2012 at 3:06 PM

Actually I need to correct myself on above. The overview WAS referring to the accepted "authority" for this time and place - Donald Lines Jacobus.

Judith A Adams

To answer your baptism date question I see from this well referenced tree: http://marypie.net/getperson.php?personID=I1837&tree=mm

Baptism - 14 Jan 1617/18 - St. James Parish Church, Colchester, Essex, ENGLAND

As Geni fields cannot show this date change event, I'll reference it in the "about" and go with a date of 14 Jan 1617 in the field.

I've used my ancestry.com subscription to see if I could locate an image of the baptism register, but unfortunately it does not seem to be available there - anyone else with a World Wide Subscription is welcome to double check me.

There are "timeline" entries to clean up on the MP. I'll be doing that next.

Many thanks for the query.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion