Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
1/14/2013 at 1:15 PM

How do I disconnect from Big Tree?

Private User
1/14/2013 at 2:29 PM

First of all: You are not connected to the big tree with almost 67 million profiles.

You are in a standalone tree of around 218 profiles together with 11 other users.

If you just want to close your account, just do it by using the link at the bottom, but you should however know that the tree will not be deleted and eventually profiles you have added will not be deleted and instead be inherited by the closest relative which is Geni user him/herself, but you can override that by selecting another person.

The reason is the 11 other users in your tree, - closing your account should not destroy the shared tree they are a part of, so you can only pull yourself out.

You close your account here:
http://www.geni.com/account_settings/close_account

Private User
1/14/2013 at 11:56 PM

Tnanks for your reply and explanation. I don't want to close my account, I just want to get rid of those strange profiles which suddenly connected to my tree - I see that them are from from Norway and other countries. And I cannot do anything about that.

1/15/2013 at 12:54 AM

Hi Ieva,
Those strange profiles in your geni-tree are your distant relatives. Like in real life - you cannot choose your relatives. You can´t get rid of them either. You could ignore them, but better still - you can enjoy them!

Private User
1/15/2013 at 1:28 AM

Ieva Karlsberga are still not connected to the big tree, which means that "strangers"" does not have access to add to and merge with public profiles in her tree. Once connected every Pro user can.

So she is either just confused by news-feed she get by other big-tree users or profiles she is following, believing that it is about activity in her own tree, or some other user in her tree are expanding the tree with new relatives.

If another user is building on the tree I would guess it does not take so long time before she get connected to the big tree.

Private User
1/15/2013 at 1:53 AM

Correction, after checking some of the latest changed profiles in her tree:

Private User is connected to the big tree, but does not have "the big tree marker"..

There is obviously an error here as well: The closest public profile is Leno Känd born in 1799 is listed as Private User aunt, but when I try to show the line between them I gen an error.

Mike Stangel, could you take a look? Her tree is unconnected but there are big tree profiles profiles that obviously is connected but not...

Private User
1/15/2013 at 2:01 AM

Mike Stangel - if you view the tree of Leno Känd you will see a spouse connection that does not show up, which might be the hidden connection from the big tree to Ieva - as her uncle?
There must be an error in the Geni DB here.

1/17/2013 at 3:48 PM

Thanks Private User, Leno Känd (Vahter) is fixed.

Private User
1/17/2013 at 11:44 PM

Mike Stangel, thanks, but we still have some hidden connections.

The following historical profiles are for example still listed as her uncles and aunts without any visible connection:
Mary Ann Hutton, Hedvig Irene Ståhlberg, Magne Olavsson Nødtvedt

On the last one I checked the API and it shows an extra partner_union with just one element, - him self, so something is wrong here: https://www.geni.com/api/union-41045631

Could you check if there are a deleted profile that binds them together?

1/18/2013 at 10:47 AM

Unfortunately these have to be found and fixed one at a time. I've fixed the 3 you posted.

Private User
1/18/2013 at 10:51 AM

Ok, - I can cut those connections myself, - I just thought you was interested in debugging and find the reason why leva are listed as not big-tree connected with a mix of close connected profiles. There is a hidden profile which is the connection point I am unable to detect.

Private User
1/18/2013 at 10:55 AM

Anyhow: Private User, you are not connected to "the big tree" anymore.
We had some hidden/invalid connection somewhere which is cut now.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion