Started by Private User on Monday, April 8, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Private
    Geni member
Showing all 11 posts
6/27/2018 at 8:12 AM

I want to close my tree with geni due to errors, apparently an incorrect bloodline was mistakenly added and I am unable to correct. I wish to restart my tree with only myself as manager. Please contact me at <gwellsgary363@gmail.com>.

Thank You
Gary W. Wells

6/27/2018 at 3:47 PM

Gary Wayne Wells since you have been a user of Geni since 2011, you should know that Geni is a cooperative site with the goal of only one profile of every person. If you restart your tree, it will only be merged into the existing tree where there already are existing profiles of the same person.

I you want to be the only manager, I would suggest an offline genealogical software, or an online software where you are able to be the only manager, which is not possible on Geni.

Private User
6/28/2018 at 2:46 PM

Gary Wayne Wells - on the other hand, if you want help disconnecting the incorrect bloodline - https://www.geni.com/discussions/178003 is a good place to post those sorts of requests, and a Curator will almost certainly help out with that.
An amazing amount can be fixed, some of it way easier than you might imagine -- and you might enjoy working on Geni if you discover how to have errors fixed, etc.

6/28/2018 at 5:47 PM

Thank you for useful information.

Private User
1/12/2020 at 8:04 AM

I must send an messiges here about one "wrong" ancestor (read the Born in Churchbook wrong) another had do and that person had put me into "his" wrong tree there so I can impossible put in my tree with correct ancestors there, than seems that so that you don't accept court books as an reference to go longer back in time than the church books, but to take the wrong thing first (you don't accept screenshots ther :( ), but it is the born of Johannes Carlsson in Gaterud, Visnum parish 29/9 1802 his parents there are Carl Andersson and Maria Joelsdotter (but in that tree he had instead Maria Folkesdotter and had an tree on total wrong there, he had also find an Maria Folkesdotter which is born at that place he thought, but that Maria been later married to an Olof Olsson and NOT to Carl Andersson), that I could do is to take the correct with Carl Andersson and Maria Joelsdotter instead, I had of course both born there and even there marriage and can go longer back in time than that if you of course accepted the courtbooks I can go really much longer back in time. But just now because he put in me in his tree I can impossible send that correction and you have only Swedish talking support but I need Swedish talking who really can read old Swedish handwritten text, othervice I cannot trust your site :/ Best regards Per (I can even take in text which is wroten for about 480-500 years ago, but you don't accept that if I understand your site correct now)

Private
1/12/2020 at 10:24 AM

Per Göthes problems: FIXED!

Private User
1/12/2020 at 10:58 AM

Okey Christer då har du sett också att Johannes Carlssons mor heter Maria Joelsdotter, men eftersom jag ändå inte hade tänkt gå in där så kanske jag kan dela med mig lite grann åtminsåne så att du nu får rätt lite bakåt i tiden, Carl Andersson är troligen korrect som det är men nu så kan du få detta lilla så länge ! Hon är född 20/7 1771 i Tomasbråten, Nysund socken D. 21/10 1824 Gaterud,Visnum socken

Gift med Carl Andersson 26/10 1794 i Nysund socken (nu får du i alla fall lite grann att gå på, men hon är uppvuxen tillsammans med sina föräldrar i Amnehärad socken vilket hon sedermera fick som födelseort i Husförhörslängden (den sista som hon vad med i) i Visnum, Carl Andersson kom vid vigseln från Åtorp i Nysund socken i den husförhörslängden stod han däremot som inflyttad från Visnum socken) men nu fick du lite mer kött på benen, rotar du däremot vidare bakåt på hennes mors anor så hamnar du tillslut i Karlskoga socken f.ö. men hennes far Joel Bengtsson är däremot född 1750 i Visnum Socken. Men jag orkar inte ta allt nu (men familjen om du börjar kolla efter dessa i Amnehärad socken har bl.a. bott i Torsvid)

Private User
2/17/2020 at 5:09 PM

Is there an email that I can use to report a problem on the family tree?

Private User
2/17/2020 at 5:20 PM

Private User, it depends on the issue. For factual errors on your tree, it's best to start by asking curators for help. You can do this by posting about your issue at https://www.geni.com/discussions/192543, or private messaging one of the curators listed at http://geni.com/curators if you'd rather not say something publicly.

Private User
2/18/2020 at 1:26 PM

It is about my cousin Miriam Yaakovi,
She passed away last year on 4/29/2019 at the age of 93.
A few family members have tried to update her page with no success.
That include Ran Afek, and her daughter Orli Reiner.
Could anyone help us fix Miriam page:
Private

Private User
2/19/2020 at 9:43 AM

Private User - she was a geni-user -- this explains, with illustrations, what to do in such a situation:
https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229706547-How-do-I-report-a...

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion