Henri membertou Sachem Membertou, Chief of the Mi'kmaq - Chief Membertou was grandfather to Jeanne Marie Kagigoniac not father

Started by Nada Krizmancic on Friday, April 19, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 121-150 of 161 posts

I do not believe the Jesuit account of Baptism of Mi'kmaq and family, I found a record that show Pierre Le Jeune died 1611 along with Mi'kmaq, his wife and parents. I found another record of a group coming up from the USA in 1613 to burn the french fort at Annapolis Royal... Something did not make sense. Who would go that far to burn and empty log building?
I did find the records but it seemed to be hidden the King Henri Last name was Le Jeune, and all the King Louis Le Jeunes too,,, and then in France the St. Pierre Le Jeune Protestant Church. It was well known King Henri Fought The Catholic Holly Roman Empire,, well Known Catholics assassinated him 1610. and that to kill off the heads of power so they could take over Canada, makes sense...
Now if the date is wrong that it was not 1613 but 1611 and this group from the USA came to murder Mi'kmaq, his wife, Parents, and Pierre Le Jeune 1st and others, but that women and children escaped Like Marguerite and Pierre Le Jeune 2nd.....and went in hiding, makes sense,,,,
It was named Annapolis Royal after the take over,, and the Catholic Jesuits did not come until after. Now their account of Marguerites Baptism does not say a word about her son or Husband,, when they would have been together. And Pierre Le Jeune was Protestant, he would not allow it,,,,
I think its all a lie... I believe King Henri had many children outside of his marriages. It would make sense he would send his own son to Canada,,,
It would make sense why the bond was so strong between French Royalty and Mi'kmaqs,,, with the marriage of Marguerite and Pierre.
It would make sense that King Henri IV would give Mi'kmaq his name, and the royal names Marie and Marguerite to his wife and daughter.Upon their marriage...
Jesuits were the pope's spies, the very ones the King was fighting.
The Catholic Holly Roman Empire and Jesuits were the Victors, the wolves in sheep clothing, They wrote our history.

I hope everyone said what they needed to say and this part is over. We should try and proceed in a dignified manner with respect for each other. This should be a quest to discover the truth of things. For the moment, there have been many thoughts expressed and all this requires research on our parts to either prove. It will require much effort from everyone and nobody is going to be able to function properly if this is a hostile topic.

I have already spoken with several of you, so I am understanding you well. If any person has a problem with each other, please use me as the individual that you can communicate through. My commitment is to keep this respectful. We all need a good environment to perform this genealogy.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and your willingness to maintain the highest standards of conduct for yourself. Nobody would appreciate any kind of personal attacks or slanderous remarks, which degrade a family or the human spirit. I don't want to be put in a position to have to take any action because I know that we can do this in fine fashion, so let us forget about what has already happened and move forward with a fresh mind that is ready to accept the inumerable possiblities. I think that we should focus on what the future holds, rather than dwell on past conflicts.

Byron

Thank you Byron. I will show great consideration and respect for all.
I apologize that I am sensitive about any derogatory statement concerning my mind or.motives, My good friend was being committed on false shrink reports and I submitted documents interceding which made the Judge Ramsey release him Immediately and he could finish his survey. This Judge was then convicted and sentenced to 7 years in prison for raping little native girls.

I am very honest and I always just wanted a normal life but accept that it will never be. I accept my fate as a descendant of the first settler living in a stolen settlers reserve 1907 Gazzette Notice and Peace River Blocks. PGE Aid Act 1925, BNA Act 1931, Stickeen Territory 1863. I can see that the Truth and Reconciliation Committee missed a few things.

I can see that when France ended the war in 1763 they had no choice but it was a dispossession of the Canadian protestant Le Jeunes, Metis, ,Acadians, NW Police, NW Fur Company and that the war went on in Canada with the Catholic Roman Empire for another 140 years. Much of it secretly in the later part. Now I understand why my ancestors had to hide.who they were. Peace, Drew

Amelia, there is no requirement that you do anything. Most of us will assume if you build out your tree on Geni that you want to be part of our collective effort to build an accurate tree. We have some rousing debates at times when people have different information, but as Byron has said, we hope the discussions will be civil and focused on the sources.

It's very clear from your comments so far that you'd be a valuable addition to Geni. I hope you'll decide to join us.

All I can say is that there are two Rene Landry's who lines, both are from France and both have descendants that ended up in Louisiana. DNA has proved that the two Rene Landry's were cousins.

My Landry line is from Rene, the younger one, that married Marie Bernard but there is a connection to the Rene (L'aine/older) Landry line through marriages.

My Landry line is as follows:

Gen. 11 Myself: Roxanne M. R. Landry (aka Roseanne Delagard) d/o Ruth Landry & Alan L. Goldberg of England. I was originally registered as d/o Ronald Delagard but have since had him removed from my records. This resulted in my old birth record being cancelled and permanently closed. My mother had to re-register my birth in 2011 as with the closing of my original records I no longer existed as far as vital statistics were concerned.

Gen. 10 Ruth Harriett Landry m. Ronald James Joseph Delagard (my stepfather). My biological father is not on my birth record but I know who he is and have had DNA test done with his oldest son which proves who my father is.

Gen. 9 Andreas (Andrew) Landry m. Gladys Marion Brown

Gen. 8 Thomas Landry & Rose Marie Savoie

Gen. 7 Thaddee Landry & Dorothee Despres

Gen. 6 Jean Baptiste Landry & Cecile Vienneau

Gen. 5 Amand Landry & Anne Melancon

Gen. 4 Alexis Landry & Marguerite Aucoin

Gen. 3 Antoine Landry & Marie Blanche LeBlanc

Gen. 2 Antoine Landry Sr. & Marie Thibodeau

Gen. 1 Rene Landry & Marie Bernard

Regarding Antoine Landry m. Marie (older/l'aine) Thibodeau b. 1661

Marie d/o Pierre Thibodeau & Jeanne Theriault.

Pierre Thibodeau s/o Mathurin Thibodeau & Marie Dolbeau

Marie Thibodeau (the younger one) b. 1663 married Pierre Lejeune b. 1659

Anne Catharine Thibodeau c. 1667 m. Claude Landry b. 1663 s/o Rene Landry & Marie Bernard.

Anne Marie Aucoin m. Pierre Thibodeau b. 1678 (Pierre Thibodeau also used the name Pierre Lejeune occasionally) Pierre was the s/o Pierre (older) Thibodeau & Jeanne Theriault

Pierre Thibodeau s/o Mathurin Thibdeau & Marie Dolbea

Pierre Thibodeau & Jeanne Theriault had a large family and there were double names with all the children. Meaning there was an older sibling and younger sibling with the same name. This has caused a lot of confusion within the siblings as to who married who.

For those interested, I have Alexis Landry b. 1717 s/o Antoine Landry b. 1683 & Marie Blanche LeBlanc.
Antoine Landry b. 1683 s/o Antoine Landry b. 1660 and Marie (older) Thibodeau.

Alexis Landry had 7 children and two wives:

1st wife: Marguerite Aucoin m. Nov. 27, 1737 St. Charles des Mines, Acadia. Marguerite was b. April 11, 1718 died in 1746 at 27 yrs old. She died within 3-6 months after Joseph was born.

2nd wife: Marie Madeleine Bergeron m. Jan. 15, 1748 in Acadia. Marie b. 1724, NB died in 1757 at 33 yrs old.

Alexis had 7 children: 5 by Marguerite Aucoin and 2 by Marie Bergeron.

Marguerite's children:

1. Jean Baptiste b. 1739 d. 1823 m. 3 times
2. Madeleine Landry b. 1744 d. 1803 m. 2 times
3. Charles Landry b. 1740 d. 1805 m. twice
4. Amand Landry b.c 1744 d. 1845 m Anne Melanson (Amand's death record said he was 100 at his time of death so I have him down as the child of Marguerite, even though he shows up as the s/o Marie Madeleine)
5. Joseph Landry b. 1746 d. abt 1811 m. twice

Note: Marguerite died about three months after Joseph was born.

Marie Madeleine's children:

1. Marie Josephe Landry b. 1755 d. 1805 m. twice
2. Pierre Landry b. 1757 d. 1834 m. twice

Note: Alexis married his second wife two years after his first wife died. As a result many of Marguerite's children had his second wife down as their mother in their marriage record or had the names mixed up. They might have the first name of the second wife but with the maiden name of the first wife or vice versa as an example.

According to birth, marriage records, death records I have found online at Kamouraska, Quebec the births of the first five are as previously mentioned. Since Alexis m. Marie Madeleine in 1748 it means she could only have been the biological mother of two children.

Hope this helps as I have often seen the wrong mother down. I believe the children thought of their stepmother as their mother since the oldest child was abt 7 when his mother Marguerite died.

Roxanne Landry

Not 100 % sure about Mathurin Thibodeau as far as the wife goes. Still need work there but maybe he was married twice.
Will have to figure out where I got that info.

Roxanne

It appears there may be two or three Mathurin Thibodeau's.

So far I have Mathurin Thibodeau b.c. 1600 m. Francoise Marie Delbeau. Arrivced in Port Royal 1654.

I have also found online a Mathurin Thibodeau b. 1594 in Martaize, France m. Catherine Avard. This Mathurin was christened Feb. 26, 1623 in Marans, France d. 1686. It looks like he was the s/o Mathurin Rhibauda Thibodeau b Martaize, Vienne, Poitou-Charentes, France d. 1670 in lucon, Eure-et-Loir, France who married Marie Miet. At wiki it said he married Marie Miet 1620 in La Rochelle, They had a son Mathurin who was born in Lucon, France. This son had a brother Pierre Thibodeau.

Pierre and Mathurin are down as s/o Marie Delbeau.

Have no idea which is right or if it is all right.

Roxanne

It appears to me the info reads as follows:

Mathurin Rhibaude Thibodeau b. 1590 France d. c. 1670 France m. Marie Miet (Miette) b. 1595 France

Children:
Mathurin Thibodeau b. abt. 1615 arrived in Port Royal 1654 m. 1628, France Marie Dolbeau/Delbeau b. abt 1610 d. France

Their children are Pierre m. Jeanne Therriot in Port Royal, Acadie 1659

and Mathurin m. 1, Marie Roy on Nov. 7, 1667 in Quebec 2. Marie Petit married m july 29, 1686 in St. Laurent, Quebec.

I have also seen a Marthurin Rhibaude Thibodeau m. Catherine Avard. April 27, 1644. Their ages were 21 and 17 at the time of marriage, so genealogy quebec said. Don't know how this fits in.... Their ages at time of marriage suggest a totally different Mathurin Thibodeau.

Roxanne

I am thinking Mathurin Thibodeau who married Mary Little (Petit) in 1686 they were 51 and 49 respectively at the time of marriage.
He then married Mary Roy in 1667 they were 32 and 20 respectively.

So maybe he is the same Mathurin that married Catherine Avard in 1644 ages 21 and 17 respectively.

The dates of marriage and ages suggest he was married three times and not twice. I have no idea as to what is what.

I have no idea if this is the same Mathurin Thibodeau

Roxanne M.R. Pushie
You said
"I am thinking Mathurin Thibodeau who married Mary Little (Petit) in 1686 they were 51 and 49 respectively at the time of marriage.
He then married Mary Roy in 1667 they were 32 and 20 respectively.

So maybe he is the same Mathurin that married Catherine Avard in 1644 ages 21 and 17 respectively.

The dates of marriage and ages suggest he was married three times and not twice. I have no idea as to what is what.

I have no idea if this is the same Mathurin Thibodeau"

http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000001245073522

@ Angus:

I have also seen this Anne Marie Thibodeau as the daughter of Mathurin Thibodeau & Catherine Avard.

Catherine Arvard apparently had 5 children by Mathurin. When they came to Canada they had four children. Three died at sea, the fourth died shortly after arriving in Canada and the fifth they had shortly after then arrived here.
Anne Marie was born prior to Pierre & Mathurin who are down as children of Mary Roy and Mathurin Thibodeau. Is it possible that Anne Marie isn't Mary Roy's daughter.

Martin RhNegativ
I agree...parents removed

Roxanne M.R. Pushie

You Said
"I have also seen this Anne Marie Thibodeau as the daughter of Mathurin Thibodeau & Catherine Avard.

Catherine Arvard apparently had 5 children by Mathurin. When they came to Canada they had four children. Three died at sea, the fourth died shortly after arriving in Canada and the fifth they had shortly after then arrived here.
Anne Marie was born prior to Pierre & Mathurin who are down as children of Mary Roy and Mathurin Thibodeau. Is it possible that Anne Marie isn't Mary Roy's daughter."

Yes I moved her

Ok here is something to look at

Are these the same people
http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000036300311076?return=duplic...

I have put all Mathurins in the same tree please take a look
http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000003274254716#600000000...

The more I look I tend to agree with Roxanne M.R. Pushie that Mathurin was married to all three.

Only if we could get proof

Amelia Marie Thibodeaux

Are you saying you cannot see the name of the User who posted just before you yesterday 8.43pm It is showing as Private User?

By the way my sister Private User is married to a Thibodeau but his tree is not built. I will try to get some information from my brother-in-law. Maybe he is related to all of you.

I want to start tagging some of these profiles mentioned in here

Roxanne asked
Amelia:
Do you have any futher info about Catharine Lejeune b. 1633 Catherine Lejeune who married Francois Savoie?" François Savoie
I would like to know if any parents have every been listed for her and her sister Edmee.Edmée [Aimée] Lejeune Is Pierre Lejeune b. 1628 Pierre [Briand] Lejeune her brother as I have read that it is possible that he wasn't.
I saw somewhere that there was also a Jean Lejeune who may have been her father. Who knows, maybe his name was Jean Pierre Lejeune!!!

I am doing this because when we tag a profile the discussion is tagged in that profile too

If you go to the profiles I tagged look at the Discussion tab you will see this discussion mentioned.

Copying for tagging
I have documents (original and transcribed) showing them both on the 1671 Port Royal census with their husbands but not much more than this.
In the book, "Le Canada-Francais Documents sur l'Acadie'', Father Clarence-Joseph D'Entremont, says that the Pierre II who arrived in Acadia as a child (no one KNOWS if his Father was a Pierre) married a Micmac woman.
1686 Census lists Pierre Lejeune III Pierre Lejeune dit Briard, fils as married to Marie Thibodeau Marie [la Cadette] Thibodeau (which is my last name and what I am researching) and Martin Lejeune Martin Lejeune dit Briard married to Marie-Jeanne Kagijonias Jeanne Marie Kagijonias (a member of the Micmac tribe). Marie-Jeanne's dies and Martin marries Marie Gaudet Marie Gaudet a daughter of Jehan (Jean) Gaudet Jean Gaudet and Marie-Jeanne Henry Jeanne-Marie Henry dite Robert
1693 census lists a sister of Pierre III and Martin named Jeanne Jeanne Lejeune dite Briard married to Francois Joseph François Joseph a member of the Micmac tribe.

Amelia Marie Thibodeaux I have to ask for your understanding of Martin RhNegativ

Martin's main language is French and sometimes when he says something in English it can be interpreted the wrong way and also when he reads someyhing in English he can interpret that the wrong way too.

But he is a very valuable asset for us researching the French Canadian families

I hope that we can continue with this valuable discussion

I would like to suggest like Martin did that we start a different discussion on the THIBODEAUX TIBIDEAUX THIBODEAU TIBODEAU lines would that be ok

Has anyone started the "THIBODEAUX TIBIDEAUX THIBODEAU TIBODEAU Lines" discussion yet? I would be interested in participating int hat one since I actually believe that this is not the discussion where I should be. :)
I am going to invest some quality time this weekend to adding my information since I have found out I can make Living Individuals" "Private".
I don't think I have enough time or submissions vested here to start a discussion because when I click on "start a new discussion" it takes me nowhere.
I would really like to see one started by someone.
Thank you
Amelia Marie Thibodeaux

@Martin:
Thank you Martin, just ready my private emails.
ʘ‿ʘ
I look forward to it.
Amelia Marie Thibodeaux

Please look at this part of the Tree
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000032798436794#60000000...

It shows Jeanne Marie Kagijonias (if that is her name the original profile showed that) married to Pierre LeJeune dit Briard Martin Lejeune dit Briard
and

I would like to look at this Pierre dit Briard Lejeune (I) Martin Lejeune dit Briard

Check the tree
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000032798958821#60000000...

I think this is made up?

For starters, Kagijonais (Marie Jeanne Lejeune) was not the wife of Pierre Lejeune but his brother Martin's wife.

There is no proof that a Martin Pierre Lejeune b. 1595 even existed or that he married a Marie Anne Kagijonais. If their was a Martin Pierre it would explain Pierre Lejeune naming his sons Pierre and Martin.

To date we have a Pierre Lejeune b. 1628, Catherine b. 1633 and Edmee b. 1624. There is no proof of who their parents are. We do know that they lived amoung the Indians. There isn't even any proof that their father's name was Pierre. All we know is that he was b. abt. 1595 in France which means he probably didn't come to Acadia till sometime after 1610 as 1610 would put him at 15 yrs old. In those days most boys left home about that age. Based on Edmee's d.o.b. 1624 this means Pierre Lejeune b. 1595 France (if that was his name) was 29 when she was born.
The only other Lejeune that I have read that lived in this area at the time was a Jean (John) Lejeune (I read this was told by Stephen White).
This would possibly explain the name of "Jeanne" for Martin's daughter if this Jean was a grandfather. The protocol back then was to name your children after their immediate relatives...especially if you were Catholic.

To date we assume that Edmee, Catherine and Pierre Lejeune were siblings as they are the only Lejeune's other then the Jean mentioned that lived in Port Royal. mDNA proves Edmee and Catherine's mother was at least part Portuguese or Spanish. Unlike the French, they came with women when they arrived. We also know there was a lost colony of Portuguese that never went back to their homeland. Chances are they joined the natives and stayed. This lost colony was in the early to mid 1500's so if they were taken in by the Indians then some of the native families should have u6a in their DNA if this is all true.

I have never come across a Martin Lejeune b. 1595. The first Martin I have come across in the genealogy tree was born abt. 1661.

I dare say based on Catherine's date of birth (1633) I doubt if their father b. 1595 in France came to Acadia as a married man in his forties with a wife and many young children. It is more likely that he came as a single man between 15-25 yrs old and married after coming to Acadia.
During that time the ships that did arrive were mainly single Frenchmen or Englishmen. Very few were women and the ones that did were either married or children. This being said the only other women available were natives. The Portuguese and Spanish came before the French and most of them didn't stay. What did would have ended up living with and married the natives. This would explain the U6a mDNA for the Lejeune women.

Showing 121-150 of 161 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion