Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 1-30 of 33 posts
8/30/2013 at 4:26 PM

Horrible.
Enough said.

8/30/2013 at 4:56 PM

Alex Moes Thanks for your feedback. It will help if you elaborate your opinion so that we can turn this into constructive discussion. Some future changes are coming to the site to enhance legibility, layout, and organization of elements.

8/30/2013 at 5:18 PM

Alex Clayton White,

It is so hard to tell if a discussion has been read or not.

Kevin

Private User
8/30/2013 at 5:48 PM

I largely use my tablet to access the discussions, and with the smaller screen, it's not as easy to see bold vs. normal weight. The blue shading made it a lot easier to notice an unread discussion. So for me personally, it's a step back for legibility.

8/30/2013 at 6:42 PM

Thank goodness for this discussion - I thought my browser had been hijacked!

I loved the shading for already viewed discussion, bold isn't distinctive enough for these screwy eyes, I'm afraid.

8/30/2013 at 6:42 PM

Alex, i don't need to go into details when i have curators to do it for me ;)

Exactly what Kevin and Ashley said, it's very hard to see the difference between read and unread threads, i'm using a 15.6" laptop at the moment but i doubt my 20" monitor will be any better.

I noticed that the positions of the quoted post and latest contributor have been swapped also, no problem with that.

What were the intended benefits of the change?

8/30/2013 at 6:52 PM

Alex Clayton White,

Why don't you guys try asking our opinions before making all these changes?
Obviously even the curators were not aware of the up coming format change.

Was the change purely cosmetic or was there some real benefit in the backend, and if there was a benefit in the workings why not affect the change without altering the cosmetics?

Regards

8/30/2013 at 7:07 PM

Love the cleaner look, but I agree that it's difficult to see the difference between read and unread discussions.

8/30/2013 at 7:27 PM

Thanks everyone. For now, bold = unread, normal weight = read. We will be making some changes to make it unread topics more distinctive and pronounced.

8/30/2013 at 7:47 PM

All, because of the holiday weekend, we are targeting Tuesday for some style changes to make unread discussions/posts more pronounced. Please feel free to contact me with any issues or comments in this thread or directly. Thank you for your patience.

Private User
8/30/2013 at 11:29 PM

Alex Moes

I agree with you to give priority in workability and ---especially for curatores very important--- readibility of what is written, before cosmical chirurgy, for it makes such a difference if you ARE/or NOT educated in ICT or have a viewer with OLD EYES to look at a modern screen -as a grandmummie who wants to tell their littlest children where she came from... originally, you see?

Private User
8/30/2013 at 11:31 PM

sorry: cosmical = cosmetical or something like that. younger women like chirurgery :-)

Here in Holland we were used to PRE-TEST and not AFTER-TEST our technical designs & publications, but that is rather old-fashioned allready.

Private User
8/31/2013 at 12:19 AM

HELP, what corps they use now for the input-field - i think only the first, second and third field. Really nice centered in the middle of the 'regel', good for modern Google-glasses maybe?, but not for my old MINUS 6 eyse with lots of possibilities -as a result of my red-hair-gen- not to see to many contrasts....

Private User
8/31/2013 at 12:23 AM

...and when i forget to use my read-ocular to work on the big-screen its also very fatiguant for my age of sixty-three already... yes, time flies, but I never ever say, when we were young.... we used to do this, that, so and so on, but now I think I get the age of the 'mompperraars'.

Private User
9/2/2013 at 6:29 AM

personally i would like it when i can choose myself HOW MANY different items I can get on a page where I just want to have a glanze to know if I answered all questions I lieked to 'mee bemoeien', dont know in English. It is easier to scroll than to turn a page, isn't it?

9/3/2013 at 7:08 PM

@all, we have released some updates to the discussions to help distinguish unread posts. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!

9/4/2013 at 5:15 AM

Thanks for getting some colour back into the discussion boards.

9/4/2013 at 7:33 AM

I like the new format as of this morning. Nice contrast. Quite intuitive.

Private User
9/4/2013 at 8:00 AM

Thank you so much, Alex, for being willing to hear feedback and make some changes. Your work is appreciated.

9/6/2013 at 4:08 AM
9/6/2013 at 9:17 AM

Alex Moes That is the domain name we are giving our CDN, but it resolves as www. You shouldn't really ever see that domain in the browser (although assets can be served from it)

Can you explain how you landed there? I'll see if I can sort out why it happened, and make sure it doesn't again.

9/6/2013 at 8:44 PM

Alex Clayton White
It came up in a google search

Private User
9/6/2013 at 10:39 PM

Alex Moes

shy do you search with GOOLGe, alex, when there are so many others working better and without merchandising interpretations?

9/7/2013 at 4:45 AM

no reason just easy to use whats on the PC already

Private User
9/8/2013 at 7:42 PM

What happened to the color? Earlier today, still there. Now - just see bold.

9/8/2013 at 7:47 PM

I'm still seeing unread highlighted in blue

Private User
9/9/2013 at 2:05 AM

i think it's working quite comfortable now, hope they do not change it every hour... thanks for pretest on other kinds of eyes too. Jeannette.

9/9/2013 at 11:16 AM

@all, we have not changed the layout or interface within discussions since adding in the blue highlight for unread posts.

9/9/2013 at 11:17 AM

Alex Moes can you give me an example search query that you used when that origin url came up? I'd like to pass a specific example to our engineering team to investigate. Thanks

9/9/2013 at 4:52 PM

can't get it to happen again

Showing 1-30 of 33 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion