Visit to Kyjov with genealogist Sarka Kovaricova

Started by Stephen Solt on Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
9/3/2013 at 3:19 AM

It is very late notice I know but I am on my way to Kyjov where I will be on Friday 6 and Saturday 7 September

Sarka says:

Indeed the museum in Kyjov is only open the hours you mentioned, that is why I would suggest to go to Kyjov immediately, have a lunch and go to the Kyjov museum first. Then Mr. and Ms. Weber from Kyjov will await us. I have spent very nice afternoon with them yesterday. They are the only Jews living in Kyjov, good think is that they live few meters far from your pension. Ms. Weber is survival from Terezin concentration camp. They have a German book about history of Czech Jewish Gemeinden, there are few pages about Kyjov also.

Meanwhile, I have done some research over the last few months

I have a spreadsheet with 116 Sonnenschein births, mariages and deaths between 1790 and 1910 or so collated from the Batadelna.cz registers

I will see if I can post this on Geni

I will report further...

Steve

9/3/2013 at 4:32 AM

I hope you enjoy your visit, I went about 10 years ago.
It is a pleasant small town with a large main square.

The small museum then did not mention the Jews at all!

Behind the Rathaus is a small park with a then vandalised plaque commemorating the Jewish area of the town.

I would be very interested in seeing the Sonneschein information.

9/3/2013 at 4:38 AM

I have 80 Sonnenscheins in my family tree, David Sonnenschein was my 5 x great grandfather born circa 1760

9/6/2013 at 6:18 AM

Nigel Hamilton

There are quite a few Sonnenscheins from the one family here in Sydney.

9/13/2013 at 3:52 AM

Nigel

I had an amazing trip with our genealogist Martin Kovaric. I have hundreds of pages of documents relating to Sonnencheins from 1800-1880. We know where they lived and even have plans of the houses. We actually met, in Brno, a Dutch lady researching Hermann (son of Abraham and Veronika) and brother of our Moritz. We need to work out exactly which David you are referring to.

Pam
Similarly, do you know from which branch the Sydney clan is decended?

Steve

9/14/2013 at 10:21 PM

Any connections to Abraham Sonnenschein in Lednice (Eisgrub) or Israel Sonnenschein and Herman Sonnenschein and family in Kojetin?

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion