Rhoda Isabella Isabella Sutherland (Johnston) - Who are the Parents of Rhoda Isabella?

Started by Kenneth Michel on Friday, November 8, 2013
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
11/8/2013 at 1:27 AM

Most of the information I can glean from ancestry .com shows Rhoda Isabel as the daughter of Richard Henry Johnston (b. 12 Oct 1768 in NC) and Mary Thompson Johnston (b. 6 Jun 1772 in NC) I cant find any evidence that Richard Clark ever married and had offspring.

Wanting to address this again as I am seeing there has been no comment and her FIndagrave has not been corrected...

Please weigh in if this is your family and can shed or shine some light. Anyone have DNA connections?

Thank you.

Changing parents.

I added rather than DISCONNECT and made the Clarke's step parents. Please update/disconnect if new info is found.
Thank you

It appears the husband ha a different middle initial on the Marriage document that I attached.
More investigation needs done to decide.
Any thoughts, anyone?

5/8/2020 at 2:20 PM

??? I'm not clear which 'husband' you are referring to ... Rhoda's husband John S. (John S. Sutherland ... which appears to be correct), or the husband of one of the fathers? (Johnson vs. Clark)

Meaning the husband of Belle Johnson was John T. Removed the marriage document and reverted to Clarke parents. Will need to do more investigating as the sources on the FamilySearch do not appear correct so may be two .... if she is not a Johnson, the FindaGrave will need a correction request and perhaps someone can work on the FamilySearch as well but I am not closely enough related to know. I will try to revisit as I think it will come back up in time.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion