Vincent Marks

Started by Dudley Marks on Thursday, January 25, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
1/25/2018 at 8:12 AM

This may already be known, but Vincent Marks lived in St. John's parish in either Albemarle or Fluvanna County,( been a while since I read this). He was listed as a member of the Virginia Militia in 1812, briefly, as I'm fairly certain was due to the British invasion of Washington, D.C.
He had a son named Austin Minor. A listing of the residents of St. John's parish included surnames including Austins and Minors. I do not know if they were related or just well thought of by Vincent and his wife Betsy Bragg. Vincent and Betsy were married in Fluvanna County. Thanks to all for your continuing research. I would love to know Vincent's father's name.

Private User
2/3/2018 at 5:52 PM

Hi Dudley,

Is it possible that Vincent [Vince Vincent Marks, of Nelson Co.] is the son of John Marks [John Thomas Marks] who is also his wife's step-grandfather?

Private User
2/3/2018 at 7:00 PM

Also, do you know Vincent's middle name, or is Vincent the middle name? John Marks [John Thomas Marks] has a son Elias Marks [Elias Marks] who disappears from the record. Antother possibility is Edward Marks [Edward Marks] . One of his daughters [Sarah Martha Crask] named one of her children Vincent [Vincent William Crask]. As names run in families, it is possible that Sarah named her child after an unidentified brother.

Private User
2/3/2018 at 7:01 PM

Sarah Martha Crask is John William Marks daughter, I realize my message was ambiguous.

Private User
2/10/2018 at 7:52 PM

Hi Dudley, is there any chance that @Vince Marks, of Nelson Co. married a second time? There is a curious @V. Marks married to an @P. Marks (presumably not Elizabeth) in the census records.

Private User
2/10/2018 at 7:56 PM

According to the documentation, the links to Vincent Marks, V. Marks, and P. Marks should have been generated automatically.

4/28/2021 at 1:56 PM

Is there any documentation on Edward Marks being the son of John Marks and Hannah Eidson?

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion