• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
6/14/2019 at 9:58 AM

There is a yDNA conflict stemming from Abraham Baruch Kahana Rapaport, ABD Livonia, Minsk, Vilna, Furth, & Grodno Abraham Baruch Kahana Rapaport, ABD Livonia, Minsk, Vilna, Furth, & Grodno.

Mitchell Siegel and Justus Cohen need to look into this please. Thanks.

Private User
6/14/2019 at 10:54 AM

Your comment - this does not make sense.

I received new DNA test results have been uploaded to the profile for propragated to 8 profiles on Geni from FTDNA for Big Y700.

Thanks
Mitchell

Private User
6/15/2019 at 9:34 AM

These things happen. Are you sure your own pedigree as shown on GENI is correct all the way to Rav Abraham Baruch Kahana Rapaport? Please double check it all the way because that is probably what is causing R' Abraham to have two yDNA results.

Private User
6/15/2019 at 12:16 PM

I’m Y Rappaport-Cohen lineage!

Private User
6/15/2019 at 12:21 PM

That’s correct for two Y DNA males for Rappaport-Cohen lineage with 16 profiles.

Private User
6/16/2019 at 6:47 AM

This type of thing happens all the time on GENI. The thing is that I am trying to determine what is R' Abraham Baruch Kahana's yDNA hapologroup, and it is not possible for him to be both J-Y113483 and R-M269. This is incredibly important for researchers, such as myself, working on earlier Rapaport generarionts in other lineages.

If both your and Justus' lineages are correct about your lineages then it means the there must have been a non-paternity event (NPE) somewhere in one of your pedigress. If neither of you is able to determine when that NPE occurred then we will have to accumulate more data from other descendant lineages of R' Abraham and then observe which yDNA hg is most prevalent.

I hope you understand that there is nothing unusual about this situation and that my only interest is in seeking the truth for the benefit of the many Rapaport researchers interested in the early days.

Private User
10/23/2021 at 11:07 PM

Everyone is welcome to join the Rapoport Y-DNA Project :

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/rapoport

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion