William Younger - William Younger, son of John Stewart and Mary Ruthven? Really?

Started by Marvin Loyd Welborn on Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Showing all 5 posts
2/3/2021 at 2:52 PM

Please! This issue needs to be straightened out or Proved:

William Younger is indeed my 9th G-Grandfather; however, recently (I suppose) his profile has been amended to attach as his parents John Stewart, 5th Earl of Atholl and Mary Ruthven, Dowager Countess of Atholl

I’ve witnessed recently a whole slew of NEW ancestors! I didn’t have before….up to and through the Stewart Kings! Now, I was related by maternal relationship but this new Paternal relationship is new.

How, when, why did William Younger become the sudden son of John Stewart ? And Mary Stewart (Ruthven) ?

Sources?

Another related question:

Is Mary Ruthven, Dowager Countess of Atholl a duplicate of Mary Ruthven, Dowager Countess of Atholl ? (Who is not the mother of William Younger)

I've contacted the profile managers of the above profiles.

2/3/2021 at 7:10 PM

Marvin Loyd Welborn Names were changed, I reverted, locked them, and removed unsupported parents.

Biographical data and sourcing needed.

2/3/2021 at 7:53 PM

Thanks.

2/21/2021 at 5:33 AM

Marvin,

For someone who is apparently for any royal bloodline, you show very little diplomacy when dealing with other people when it comes to a dispute or a disagreement.

As such, I'm included to ignore you and your posturing, but as I'm not you, and of good standing in more than one way. I will remove my connection and review my information. As I was connected based on Geni's recommendations. I am currently in the process of having a DNA test done, as is my cousin. If I find my information to be accurate, I will reconnect, and forward you that DNA confirmation.

Until then, try a little more humility and friendliness. You will be amazed how further you will get when dealing with people.

Lloyd David Young

2/23/2021 at 7:06 AM

re: the statement above by Lloyd David Young

I'm at a complete loss as to what you're talking about. "Posturing?" and "very little diplomacy?"

'twas but a simple question....

Very well. Feel as you may.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion