Mary Crawford (Lockhart) - Several issues

Started by Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A" on Saturday, August 21, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
8/21/2021 at 1:23 AM

Mary Crawford has a birth event listed in her profile prior to her own birth date.
Tip: Go to the profile of Mary Crawford and review her birth date (circa 1607) and event timeline.

Siblings with same first name (1)
Mary Crawford has a sibling with the same first name.
Tip: Go to the profile of Mary Crawford and her sibling's profile, Mary Lockhart, to review.

Too young parent (1)
Mary Crawford had 1 child between the ages of 0 and 15 years old.
Tip: Correct the birth date of Mary Crawford (born circa 1607) or the following child:
Jean Pollock

Private User
10/11/2021 at 12:07 PM

Thank you for highlighting these issues. I would tend to agree with you that the sibling with the same first name could be a duplicate.

However I would tend to disagree with "too young parent" point as at the time the minimum age of marriage was 12. This is referenced in the research notes for Mary Crawfurd (née Lockhart) at WikiTree. Ref: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Lockhart-248.

Let us be guided by the collective wisdom of the editors of this profile, of whom I seem to be the most recent and least qualified to express a view...

10/14/2021 at 5:42 PM

Thanks, Timothy David Williams.
Keri Denise Jackson, I have been researching this line for many years. I have documentation. I have argued too often with other "PROs" about many of my ancestors which have ultimately gone to the curator. Please find something better to do with your skills,. Girls as young as 12 were often married in this era. You need to familiarize yourself with the history, customs and culture of the era. Please step back and work on your own ancestors. I am a direct descendant of the Pollocks of that Ilk. (The Polks) Thank you, Timothy David Williams, for being a wall between these ancestors and the chopping block. I'm tired of these overly eager "PROs" making mincemeat of my hard and well researched work. In some profiles, the documentation has yet to be transferred from my Ancestry Tree.
Extremely frustrated,
Joni Sneed

Private User
10/15/2021 at 1:55 AM

Dear Joni,

It would be helpful if you could provide verifiable source references for her date of birth, and her date of death.

Sincerely,

Neil

10/15/2021 at 8:49 AM

So far I haven't found the dates of birth and death. However, I do have this

https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/18249/images/dvm_G...

This is a link to the Crawford Genealogy. page 6 and 7, specifically

As you know, sometimes, we are left with only the written genealogies.

I'm still looking...I have added these records below

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion