Timothy Harrelson - Parents?

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder on Sunday, September 12, 2021
Showing all 13 posts

I made a merge which is of same person but it brought in different parents and I am looking for any sources to confirm:
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=80676282940
This is from a DNA match I am pursuing the connection to discover how we are related. I see SU Song in her tree but am NOT looking for Harrelson and a surprised to se it so I am not at all aware of how to proceed other than to enlist eyes on/help :)

My DNA match has a Gedcom which shows Timothy Harrelson as son of Hugh b ~1780 and died before 1850 & Mary Catherine unknown, b ~1783 and died Mar 1850.
Then parents of Hugh as:
BENJAMIN HARRELSON, b. ABT 1750, , Craven, South Carolina, USA, d. ABT 1840, , Marion, South Carolina, USA & CELIA SMITH, b. ABT 1750, , , South Carolina, USA

Benjamin seen as son of JOSEPH HARRELSON, b. ABT 1725 and SU SONG UNKNOWN, b. ABT 1725

My DNA match has a Gedcom which shows Timothy Harrelson as son of Hugh b ~1780 and died before 1850 & Mary Catherine unknown, b ~1783 and died Mar 1850.
Then parents of Hugh as:
BENJAMIN HARRELSON, b. ABT 1750, , Craven, South Carolina, USA, d. ABT 1840, , Marion, South Carolina, USA & CELIA SMITH, b. ABT 1750, , , South Carolina, USA

Benjamin seen as son of JOSEPH HARRELSON, b. ABT 1725 and SU SONG UNKNOWN, b. ABT 1725

Post merge:
Son of Benjamin Harrelson, II; Henry Hugh Harrelson; Unknown First Harrelson (Wife) and Mary Catherine Harrelson ({unknown})

I am disconnecting from Benjamin Harrelson, II and Unknown First Harrelson but am agreeable to other options/further discussion.

Thank you

My DNA match is a paternal match. I believe someone is still missing or not connected.

https://www.geni.com/path/Cynthia-Curtis-A183502-US7875087-Tree-bui...

9/12/2021 at 12:43 PM

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder, be careful. There are many Benjamin Harrelsons in both the Marion County and Horry County lines. Geography helps, but is not always correct as they were all related.

We just went through a discussion where Benjamin I and his brother Joseph had daughters named Abigail, Patience, and etc. along with sons of the same. I have studied them extensively and still have to do a graph when I dig into them.

Hugh Henry Harrelson is not the son of Benjamin Harrelson I and wife Celia Smith. Not named in Benjamin's will if that helps. I will look as see what I can find, but I had to take a break from them after last two weeks. It was exhausting and exciting at the same time.

9/12/2021 at 1:34 PM

As suspected. DAR application - Timothy Harrelson, married to Lourany Goodyear, son of Benjamin Harrelson II and XX and grandson of Patriot Benjamin Harrelson I and 1st wife.

https://services.dar.org/Public/DAR_Research/search_descendants/?ac...

Want me to fix it?

9/12/2021 at 1:44 PM

Done and DAR source noted. Actually, Benjamin Harrelson II had the unknown 1st wife. Benjamin Harrelson I was married to Ruth XX.

9/12/2021 at 2:38 PM

There are a lot of really messed up trees out there on the Harrelson family and there are reasons. I just found one for Timothy on Family Search and frankly, I would try to fix it, but it is so bad, not sure I can. Lots of profiles with no sources.

Thank you, Susanne. I had Goodyear and merged her with Gale. I am offline right now but do we need to ask for an unmerge?

9/12/2021 at 6:39 PM

I don't think so. I believe that I fixed the problem with Timothy. He has some unattributed aunts and uncles though that I don't know what to do with. I launched a discussion on those under Benjamin Harrelson I's profile.

No. I think we are good with Tim.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion