Started by Private User on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
10/19/2021 at 1:58 PM

A new URL needed. See the associated quote from Overview. This URL that might be a doable replacement for the existing URL. http://homepages.rpi.edu/~holmes/Hobbies/Genealogy2/ps05/ps05_203.htm

The book is not in the public domain. It's was reprinted in 1975:
https://www.secondstorybooks.com/pages/books/1345329/w-h-turton/the...

"Overview" excerpt --
W.H.Turton, "The Plantagenet Ancestry" (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1968), p. 6, states that Hugues l'Abbi (d. 844) is father of Tertullus d'Anjou (instead of Conrad of Paris), and that Hughes lAbbi is a son of Charlemagne and Regine. Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1956 Ed., 1:976: "...towards 861, Charles the Bald entrusted [the county of Anjou] to Robert the Strong, but he unfortunately met with his death in 866.... Hugh the Abbot succeeded him in the countship of Anjou as in most of his other duties, and on his death (886) it passed to Odo, the eldest son of Robert the Strong, who, on his accession to the throne of France (888), probably handed it over to his brother Robert. In any case, during the last years of the 9th century, in Anjou as elsewhere the power was delegated to a viscount, Fulk the Red, son of a certain Ingelgerius."

Private User
10/19/2021 at 3:29 PM

Thanks Kenneth, you added a placement for my French lineage for Le Ferte' Mace as our crossover as his sister whom was married to William "The Conquer". "Massey" being the English linage . James Webster Mace esq.

10/19/2021 at 9:21 PM

Thanks. Removed

10/20/2021 at 11:48 AM

Hugo, Archchancellor of the Empire is my 29th great uncle.

10/20/2021 at 12:11 PM

Hugo, Archchancellor of the Empire seems to be my 35 th great grandfather.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion