John Constable, of Dromonby - Comstock Constable connection

Начала Private User вчера
Показаны все сообщения (3)
Private User
вчера в 4:11 после полудня

I am in the direct line of descent from Christopher Comstock (7 Oct 1635-28 Dec 1702) who may or may not have been "the likely" son of William Comstock. There is evidence both for and against this. I would love to have knights and all that in my ancestry. But. It is just too hard for me to BELIEVE that William Comstock of London is the son of Sir John Constable of Dromonby. It defies logic. As does the Comstock family crest which has emblems that are more German in nature. It is not a Constable family crest. So, are we to believe that the Comstock children were born into the Constable family with their own family crest?

вчера в 6:05 после полудня

Found this, and as to whether it applies, someone more knowledgeable than I need to take a look. I feel like most of the time, I'm wrong.

https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/L16H-FTV/sir-john-constable-k...

This one about William mentions no parents. ??????

https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/LKMB-CX1/wiliam-goodman-comst...

вчера в 6:58 после полудня

From the profile for William Comstock

Hello. Welcome to the Comstock Family History Genealogy Mystery story. My name is Raymond James Comstock IV. I am a 12th generation Comstock in America (or 13th depending on who you believe, which is the point of this story) and I am originally descended from Christopher Comstock of Fairfield, Connecticut. And that's the reason that I am authoring this site. Because common American mythology holds that all Comstock's are descended from William Weathersfield Comstock who came to America in 1635. Countless books and articles refer to William (who supposedly had a four, five or six boys depending on who you believe and one girl - I believe it was three boys maybe only two) as Christopher's father.

However, in my research of Comstock genealogy, I have found that there appears to be a lot of evidence to suggest that Christopher was not William's son, but rather, the son of Frederick Komstohk of Frankfurt. If this is true, the implications affect thousands of Christopher's descendants and the whole Comstock family. This story is about my research into this mystery and what I started discovered. It all started with the origin of the Comstock family code of arms.

To be honest, I didn't intend to start trying to solve this mystery. I didn't even know there was a mystery until recently. But the Comstock mystery has been going on for over 150 years and it all starts with the Comstock family crest or code of arms. That's initially what prompted me to start researching the Comstock family history; the interest I have in our family crest. But as I did some research on the crest, I discovered that it lies in the center of this great mystery. …

The emigrants to America, because we should start there:

William Comstock, of New London

Christopher Comstock, of Fairfield

Показаны все сообщения (3)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении