William John Rose, Jnr - William Rose Jnr

Started by Neil Newton on today
Showing all 2 posts
Today at 9:47 AM

Hi I haven't seen any documents listed a middle name of John or James for William. Lots of people may have mistaken the Jnr for John or James, but I haven't seen evidence of this yet. Also many people have him died in 1928...1948, while I believe he died 08.07.1916 although doesn't look like his death was registered. This is based in newspaper article.

The Scone Advocate Tue 11th Jul 1916
Stewarts Brook.
DEATH OF MR. WILLIAM ROSE.
Word reached us yesterday of the death at Stewarts Brook, of Mr. Wm. Rose, who had resided in that part for a large number of years. The deceased was at Stewarts Brook, and in the employ of the Royal Standard Co., during the mining boom of twenty odd years back, and had resided there ever since, following, for a considerable time, his occupation as a miner. It was only the previous Saturday, that the late Mr. Rose was in Scone, with a brother, whom he had not seen for a great many years and called at this office. He was then in good spirits, and apparently well. Consequently, we were much surprised to learn of his death, although he must have been well on in years.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion