Birth/Death

Started by Scott Stewart on Sunday, February 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/44501878/jane-stewart : sourced 05 March 2021 by Brian Stewart), memorial page for Jane Stewart (6 Jan 1792–10 Feb 1850), Find a Grave Memorial no. 44501878, citing Old Mercerville Cemetery, Mercerville, Gallia County, Ohio, USA ; Maintained by Martha Hamilton (contributor 46797261) .
    Geni member
Showing all 4 posts
2/28/2010 at 4:05 PM

I added Jane Stewart (nee Jefferson)'s dates of birth and death based on her headstone in Mercerville Cemetery in Gallia, Co, Ohio which stated:

Jane Stewart w/o Jesse
died 2/10/1850 58y 1m 4d

both buried in the Mercerville Cemetery, Guyan Township, Gallia Co., OH, graves next to each other. Copies of photos furnished to me by Kathy Anderson. Ohio Cemetery records verify.

3/9/2010 at 11:06 AM

Do you have the photos, and could you either email them to me, or post to their profiles? (whichever you're more comfortable with)

5/10/2010 at 9:06 AM

Kathy A. sent me xeroxes of her photographs of the headstones (she didn't remember to take a digital camera on her trip.) So they won't be of much help. Before the end of the summer, I hope to get out to Gallia Co. to photograph them myself before they completely disintigrate. They are tilted and in rough shape.

5/10/2010 at 1:28 PM

I have a request put in for someone to find and shoot them, but have not gotten a response in a few weeks - so the likelihood of that happening is low.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion