for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1081-1110 of 1795 posts

Erica and all,
Just wondering, is there a problem on Reverend Ames Cheever ? Or did I just get lost in the shuffle?
Thanks,
Jessie German

Jessica Marie German

My apologies, there were a couple of little cleanup things I wanted to do on the profile so I could "field lock" - and I got distracted. :(

The overview is perfect.

This is what I updated:

- the first name field was Ames, Reverend. Reverend is not a name, it's a prefix, and the best way, I believe, to reflect that in Geni is in the Display name.
- the county was missing from the location fields, so I added that data - had to google first to make sure I remember correctly.
- the Burial date was "circa.". Even if we don't have an exact date we can be reasonably sure it was within the calendar year (New Style) of 1756.
- in the edit basics tab I reordered him & his siblings to chronological birth order.

I also added him to the "American slave owners" project, because that was pretty fascinating information to tease out. It's more usually swept under the rug. Particularly well done.

Thanks, Erica!
I'm not done with his descendents yet. There are several wives and some problems with kids being mixed up among them, but I have good data now and will get it all sorted out.
Jessie

Thanks Dan. I had just discovered that family while I was fixing his profile to make it public. Eventually all of the family will be added to the tree. :-)

Erica Howton, et al,
Here is another Mansfield to consider: Rev. Isaac Mansfield, III . He served in the Revolution as a chaplain and I have found as many descendents as I could.
Thanks,
Jessie German

Jessica Marie German Done, with a change. He was not born in the United States, it did not exist in 1750. There are also 17 nearby merge issues you should look at.

Thanks, Eldon!

Jessica Marie German what happened to Rev Mansfield? If I follow his bio notes correctly - he stopped being a minister (was fired?) & went on to be a respected judge etc??

I added him to the Harvard University project as well.

Erica Howton,
Looks like it to me. It seems to have been a problem with inflation as the money was losing its value and the community was unwilling to adjust the amount. It's unlikely he was fired but they all probably decided that it was time for him to do something else. After doing all this research I've found that this was not an uncommon problem.
Jessie German

Hey, Jenna and/or Erica:

Do you think that this profile of my great uncle is good enough to be a Master Profile? If no, what should I do to make it so?

Lieut. Thomas Harbo Rynning

Best Regards,

Della Dale Smith

Della

Arizona Ranger, how cool! It's certainly good enough to be a MP - he's "notable" and your info is good. A few tweaks and ways to progress, perhaps ....

- I "donated" a newspaper article announcement of his funeral, uploaded it to his profile, and used it as a source, and cited facts. Take a look to see how it works.

- you could consider taking your great info in the overview, re organizing it a little, and writing your own summary bio. Your writing is very good, I'd love to see your own take.

Well done.

Thanks, very much Erica, appreciate you loading the article about his funeral. Yes, I agree the "about" section could use some work...I'll work on it! Thanks for your compliment about my writing...it's a constant effort! Have a great day! :)

Congrats Della!

You write very nicely. I enjoyed reading about him. His story is so close to home.

Thought you might like to see this guy, who your uncle would have known as commander of Troop A. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckey_O'Neill Can't find him on Geni.

Erica Howton,
Here are three nice candidates in a line:

1st Grandfather -- a master mariner, impressed by the British, great story, Captain Jonathan Hassam

2nd Father -- Very successful businessman, John Hassam

3rd, if you are doing New England genealogy and haven't used him as a source, you probably will someday as he is a real genealogist. BTW, his wife's bio by another writer gives way more info on him than her and you could probably MP her too, John Tyler Hassam

Thanks,
Jessie German

Jessica Marie German done - including wife, who seems to descend from one guy responsible for "The Scarlet Letter" & another said to be the 1st (or 2nd) Pilgrim to step foot on Plymouth Rock.

We're thinking about "eminent genealogist" projects, keep your eyes out ...

The project http://www.geni.com/projects/Prominent-Genealogists/15415 is open for business with its first American customer!

Thanks Erica!

Erica Howton,
Here is the next candidate in my Cheever line.

John Cheever

Thanks,

Jessie German

Jessie - done, with pleasure.

I was curious about "the expedition against Crown Point, 1755" and found a couple of resources to learn a little more:

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=1755_-_British_expedit...

http://www.revolutionaryday.com/usroute7/crownpoint/

Please consider for MP: Ksiądz prałat Henryk Jankowski

Best wishes,

KW

Private User, Done

Please consider my 5th greatgrandfather Dr. John Peter Ahl as well as his grandson William A. Beck for MP status. Thank you.

Private User,

Done.

Could someone please make the following celebrity profile an MP and add him to the appropriate projects:

Jared Hess

Thanks!

Private User,

You need to reread the about me and add in his wife before we can MP it.

Post back when you have added in his wife.

Kevin

Okay Kevin Lawrence Hanit I have her profile up.

Jerusha Hess

Please consider Olive Hill Chase for an MP. Thank you for your help!

All set, Private User.

Private User,

He is done. Should I MP his wife? If I should, can you please try to expand her family to include her parents.

Kevin

Kevin Lawrence Hanit Thanks! I will see what I can so about extending her tree.

Showing 1081-1110 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion