Albert Karvin's Top 9 Matches
About Albert Karvin Andersen
- Name: Mr Albert Karvin Andersen
- Born: Thursday 25th April 1878
- Age: 33 years
- Last Residence: in Bergen Norway
- Occupation: Engineer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 4001 , £22 10s 6d
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 260)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Friday 10th May 1912.
Mr Albert Karvin (Kaurin) Andersen, 32, was born 25 April 1879. He was a junior seaman living at Tolbodalmenningen 3, Bergen, Norway. He had a wife Theodora Andersson and sons Theodor and Leif.
Albert Andersen was travelling from Bergen to New York to sign on the Edda (master captain Meidell). He boarded the Titanic at Southampton with Johan Holthen and Henry Olsen who were also planning to join the Edda.
Andersen died in the sinking, his body was found by the MacKay Bennett (#260):
NO. 260. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 33. HAIR, DARK; SLIGHT MOUSTACHE; SCAR ON LEFT CHEEK.
CLOTHING - Dark suit, green and white striped shirt; singlet; black boots.
EFFECTS - Gold ring; $2.00; silver watch; plated chain.
THIRD CLASS TICKETS IN POCKETS No. 4001.
NAME - ALBERT KAIVIN ANDERSON
NAME - JOHAM MARTIN HOLTEN.
NAME - HENRY MARGIVE OLSEN.
PROBABLY 'ANDERSON' BY NUMBER OF PAPERS AND POCKETBOOK.
Andersen's body was buried at Fairview Cemetery, Halifax, N. S.on 10 May 1912, The effects were returned to his widow. His death hit the family hard as they were totally dependent upon him. Theodora, who was pregnant at the time of the sinking, gave birth to a daughter in December 1912.
The Daily Telegraph's Titanic Relief fund paid £20 to the family. On 19 April 1913 the Mansion House Fund paid 2160 NKr (£120). 2446 NKr ($787.50) damage claims were paid to the widow and 729 NKr ($202.50) was paid to the children's guardian in May 1916 after their mother had died.
Theodora died about 1915. Of the children Theodor lived until 1922, Leif until 1971 and Alberta until March 1988.
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Leif Snellmann, Finland
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Johan Martin Holthen
- Mr Henry Margido Olsen
Хронология Albert Karvin Andersen
April 25, 1878
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
April 15, 1912
TITANIC at sea
May 10, 1912
Halifax, Halifax County, NS, Canada