Anne's Top Matches
About Anne Cavendish
- 'Lady Anne Cavendish1
- F, #10991
- Last Edited=2 Apr 2011
- Consanguinity Index=0.0%
- 'Lady Anne Cavendish was the daughter of William Cavendish, 3rd Earl of Devonshire and Lady Elizabeth Cecil.1 She married, firstly, Charles Rich, Lord Rich, son of Charles Rich, 4th Earl of Warwick, before 1664.4 She and John Cecil, 5th Earl of Exeter obtained a marriage license on 4 May 1670.4
- ' From before 1664, her married name became Rich.4 From 4 May 1670, her married name became Cecil.
- 'Children of Lady Anne Cavendish and John Cecil, 5th Earl of Exeter
- 1.unknown son Cecil4
- 2.unknown son Cecil4
- 3.unknown son Cecil4
- 4.unknown daughter Cecil4
- 5.unknown daughter Cecil4
- 6.unknown daughter Cecil4
- 7.unknown daughter Cecil4
- 8.John Cecil, 6th Earl of Exeter+4 b. 15 May 1674, d. 24 Dec 1721
- 9.Lady Elizabeth Cecil+5 b. 1687, d. 12 Jun 1708
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1127. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S332] Artcyclopedia, online http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists. Hereinafter cited as Artcyclopedia.
- 3.[S3409] Caroline Maubois, "re: Penancoet Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 2 December 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Penancoet Family."
- 4.[S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 1, page 1363.
- 5.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume X, page 180. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p1100.htm#i10991
- 'John Cecil, 5th Earl of Exeter (c. 1648 – 29 August 1700), known as Lord Burghley until 1678, was a British peer and Member of Parliament. He was also known as the Travelling Earl.
- Exeter was the son of John Cecil, 4th Earl of Exeter, (1628–1678) and Lady Frances Manners. He was educated at Stamford School and St John's College, Cambridge. He was elected to the House of Commons for Northamptonshire in 1675, a seat he held until 1678 when he succeeded his father in the earldom and entered the House of Lords.
- He was a notable Grand Tourist and filled his family home, Burghley House, with treasures purchased on his travels in Italy.
- 'Lord Exeter married Lady Anne, daughter of William Cavendish, 3rd Earl of Devonshire, in circa 1670, they had nine children. He died in August 1700 and was succeeded in his titles by his son John Cecil, 6th Earl of Exeter.
- See also
- List of deserters from James II to William of Orange
- 1.^ Venn, J.; Venn, J. A., eds. (1922–1958). "Cecil, John, Lord Burghley". Alumni Cantabrigienses (10 vols) (online ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990.
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source?][better source needed]
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cecil,_5th_Earl_of_Exeter
- Elizabeth CECIL (C. Devonshire)
- Died: 19 Nov 1689
- Father: William CECIL (2º E. Salisbury)
- Mother: Catherine HOWARD (C. Salisbury)
- Married: William CAVENDISH (3º E. Devonshire) 4 Mar 1638
- '1. Anne CAVENDISH (b. 1648)
- 2. William CAVENDISH (1º D. Devonshire) (b. 25 Jan 1640)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/CECIL.htm#Elizabeth CECIL (C. Devonshire)
Anne Cavendish's Timeline
September 2, 1662
Roehampton Chapel, Putney, Surrey, England
May 4, 1670
St. Mary le Savoy, London, Middlesex, England
May 15, 1674
Kensington, London, Middlesex, England
June 18, 1703
June 30, 1703
St. Martin's, Stamford, Northampton