Edward VII Albert von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha (Wettin, Ernestiner), King of the United Kingdom, Emperor of India
German: Eduard VII Albrecht von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha (Wettin, Ernestiner), König von Großbritannien und Irland, Kaiser von Indien
|Also Known As:||""Bertie" "Uncle of Europe""|
|Birthplace:||Buckingham Palace, London, England|
|Death:||Died in Buckingham Palace, London, England|
|Place of Burial:||Berkshire|
Son of Albert, Prince Consort and Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom
|Occupation:||King of the United Kingdom, Emperor of India, King of England, King Of England, King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland|
|Managed by:||Günther Kipp|
About Edward VII, King of the United Kingdom
- Duke of Rothesay on 9 November 1841
- Duke of Cornwall on 9 November 1841.
- 1st Earl of Chester [U.K.] on 8 December 1841.3
- HRH Prince of Wales [U.K.] on 8 December 1841.
- 1st Earl of Dublin [U.K.] on 17 January 1850.
- Knight, Order of the Garter (K.G.) on 9 November 1858.
- Abdicated as Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha in 1863.
- Knight, Order of the Thistle (K.T.) on 24 May 1867.
- King of the United Kingdom and Emperor of India on 22 January 1901.
Crowned King of the United Kingdom and Emperor of India on 9 August 1902 and styled 'By the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas, King, Defender of the Failth, Emperor of India
- The Peerage
- Johann the Younger #1364
- King of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions, Emperor of India Reign 22 January 1901 – 6 May 1910 Coronation 9 August 1902
Edward was related to nearly every other European Monach and came to be known as the uncle of Europe.
- Kaiser Wilhelm ll. was his nephew.
- Tsar Nicolas ll. was his Nephew-by-marrige.
- Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain was his niece.
- Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden was his niece.
- Crown Princess Marie of Romania was his niece.
- Crown Princess Sophia of greece was his niece.
- Empress Alexandra of Russia was his niece.
- Haakon Vll. of Norway was both his nephew by marriage and his son- in-law.
- Georg l. of Greece was his brother-in-law.
- Frederik Vlll. of Denmark was his-brother-in-law.
- Albert l. of Belgium was his second cousin.
- Ferdinand of Bulgaria was his second cousin.
- Charles l. of Portugal was his second cousin.
- Manuel ll. of Portugal was his second couisin.
- One relation whom Edward did not like: Wilhelm ll.
- Edward difficult relationship with his nephew exarbated the tensions between Germany and Britain.