Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Legh / Carrington (Brereton)
view all 16
About Elizabeth Carrington (Brereton)
- 'Elizabeth Brereton
- 'F, #44555, b. circa 1470
- Father Sir Andrew Brereton b. c 1440
- Mother Agnes Legh b. c 1445
- ' Elizabeth Brereton married Philip Legh, son of Sir John Legh. Elizabeth Brereton was born circa 1470 at of Brereton, Cheshire, England.
- 'Family Philip Legh d. 1512
- Anne Legh+1 b. c 1472
- Ellen Legh+ b. c 1480
- 1.[S10297] Unknown author, History of the County Palatine and City of Chester, by George Omerod, 1819., p. 383.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1483.htm#i44555
- 'A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great ..., Volume 2 By John Burke
- Pg. 45
- JOHN LEGH, of Booths, father of
- SIR JOHN LEGH, of Booths, a staunch Lancastrian, who fell fighting under the Red Rose at Blore Heath, in the 38th of Henry VI. He left two sons,
- I. JOHN, his successor.
- ' II. PHILIP, heir to his nephew.
- The elder son,
- JOHN LEGH, of Booths, espoused Emma, daughter and co-heiress of Robert Grosvenor, of Hulme, with whom he acquired the demesne lands of Allostock. He died in 1470, and was s. by his only son,
- JOHN LEGH, esq. of Booths. This gentleman m. Anne, daughter of Sir William Booth, of Dunham Massey, by whom (who m. secondly, Geoffrey Shakerley, esq. of Shakerley) he had an only daughter,
- ELIZABETH LEGH, who was sole heiress to her grandmother's estate at Hulme. She m. Peter Shakerley, esq. of Shakerley. (See vol. i. p. 9)
- John Legh dying without male issue, was s. by his uncle,
- ' PHILIP LEGH, esq. who was returned to the estate of Booths by inquisition in the 2nd RICHARD III. He wedded Elizabeth, daughter of Andrew Brereton, of Brereton, by whom (who wedded, secondly, John Carrington, of Carrington) he left issue,
- JOHN (Sir), his Heir.
- Joan, m. first to Richard Starkey, esq. of Stretton, and secondly to _ Stanley.
- Ellen, m. to Sir Ralph Leycester, of Toft. (See vol. i. p. 74)
- 'He died in the 18th of HENRY VIII. and was s. by his son,
- SIR JOHN LEGH, of Booths, who received the honor of knighthood at Leith, 11th May, 1544, at which time the Earl of Hertford, being then general, knighted several Cheshire gentlemen. He espoused Jane, sister of William Sneyd, esq. of Bradwell, and was s. at his decease by his eldest son, ...
- 'The visitation of Cheshire in the year 1580 (1882)
- Pg. 42
- CHART- Brereton of Brereton Pg. 41-42
- 'Pedigrees Made at the Visitation of Cheshire, 1613 (1879)
- John Leigh 7 H. 6. mar. Maude da. to Sr William Boothe of Dunham, Knight.
- Sr John Leigh of Bouthes knight slayne at Blore heathe 2 R. 3. mar. Joane, da. & coe heire to Sr Tho. Ashton de Asheton knight in co. Lanc.
- ch of John Leigh & Joane Ashton
- 1. John Leighe of Boothes 5 H. 7. mar. Eme da. & coe heire to Sr Robart Grosvenor of Holme, knight, 2ndly to Peter Shakerley. '2. Philip Leigh of the bouthis coossen & heire male 18 H. 8. mar. Elizabeth daughter of Sr Andrew Brereton'. 3. Geffery Leighe.
- ' ch of Philip Leigh & Elizabeth Brereton
- 1. Sr John Leigh of Bouthis knight ob. 5-6 P. & Ma., 13 Aug't . mar. Jane sister of William Snede knight, da. to Richard Snead of Bradwall. 2. Roger. 3. Edward. 4. William. 5. Ellin maried to Sr Ralf Lester of Tofte. 6. Amy ob. s. p'le. 7. Jane maried to Richard Starky of Streeton & after to Stanly.
- 'A genealogical history of the dormant, abeyant, forfeited, and extinct .. By Sir Bernard Burke
- Pg. 74
- SIR WILLIAM BRERETON, of Brereton, Knt., who m. Philippa, dau. of Sir Hugh, and sister of Thomas Hulse, and had issue,
- I. WILLIAM, m. Katherine, dau. of Sir John Byron, and d.s.p.
- II. ANDREW (SIR), of whom presently. .... ETC.
- The eldest surviving son,
- SIR ANDREW BRERETON, of Brereton, Knt., m. Agnes, dau. of Robert Legh, of Adlington, and had issue,
- I. WILLIAM (Sir), his heir.
- II. John, of Leek, co. Stafford.
- III. Andrew.
- IV. Matthew.
- I. Ellen, wife of John Fitton, of Gawsworth.
- II. Alice, wife of William Moreton, of Little Moreton.
- ' III. Elizabeth, m. 1st to Philip Legh. of Boothes; and 2ndly, to John Carington, of Carington.
- IV. Catherine, m. to Thomas Smith, of Hagh.
- V. Matilda, m. to John Davenport of Davenport
- VI. Johanna, m. to Lawrence Dutton. of Marshe, brother and heir of Sir Thomas Dutton, of Dutton.
- The eldest son and heir.
- SIR WILLIAM BRERETON, of Brereton, Knt.; chief Justice and lord high marshal of Ireland, m. 1st, Alice, dau. of Sir John Savage, Knt, of Clifton, and by her had a son, .... Etc.
- The chief justice m. 2ndly, Eleanor, dau. of Sir Ralph Brereton, of Ipstones, co. Stafford, and widow of _ Egerton, and by her had issue, ....
- Sir William, who was buried at Kilkenny, in Ireland, 4 Febraury, 1541, was s. by his grandson, ....
Elizabeth Legh / Carrington (Brereton)'s Timeline
Brereton, Cheshire, England, (Present UK)
Norbury, Cheshire, England
April 12, 1497
Cheshire, England, (Present UK)
June 22, 1925
December 7, 1934