view all 16
About Alice Moreton
- Breretons of Cheshire, 1100 to 1904 A. D (1904)
- Sir Andrew Brerton, eleventh Lord of Brereton, 1495. He married Agnes, daughter of Robert Legh, of Adlington, ancestor of Leghs, of Adlington. By her he had four sons and six daughters. The sons were: 1, William; 2, John, of Leek, Stafford; 3, Andrew ; 4, Matthew. William, the heir, succeeded. Of the younger sons there is no record. The daughters were : 1, Johanna, wife of Lawrence Dutton, of Marshe; 2, Ellen, wife of John Fitton, of Gawsworth ; 3, Alice, wife of William Moreton, of Little Moreton ; 4, Elizabeth, wife of Philip Legh, of Booths, after-ward of John Carington ; 5, Catherine, wife of Thomas Smith, of Hough ; 6, Matilda, wife of John Davenport, of Davenport.
- Sir William Brereton IX., twelfth Lord of Brereton, was Chief Justice and Lord High Marshal of Ireland in 15??; died in 1541, in Ireland. His first wife was Alice, daughter of Sir John Savage, of Rock Savage. By her he had one son, his heir, William, who died in 1505, in his father's lifetime; he married Anne, daughter of Sir William Booth, of Dunham. By her he had six sons and three daughters : a, William, his heir ; b, Robert ; c, Arthur ; d, John ; e, Edward, the founder of one Irish branch ; married Edith, daughter of William Birche, of Birche, Lancashire ; f, Andrew, founder of the other Irish branch ; married Catherine, daughter of Sir Andrew Fitz-Simon, Ireland ; g, Ellen, wife of John Carington ; h, Jane, wife of Richard Clive, of Huxley ; i, Margaret, unmarried. His second wife was Eleanor, daughter of Sir Randle Brereton III., of Malpas, widow of Sir Philip Egerton. By her he had three sons and five daughters : 1, Henry ; 2, John, a Captain in Ireland ; 3, Richard, the founder of the Ashley branch ; 4, Margaret, wife of William Goodman, Mayor of Chester, 1554; 5, Katherine, wife of Edward Folleshurst, of Crewe, remarried to Sir Roger Brereton, of Halton, Cheshire ; 6, Ellen, wife of Robert Dokenfield, of Dokenfield ; 7, Anne, wife of David Kynaston, of Hanney ; born in 1547 ; 8, Mary, wife of Sir John Warburton, of Arley.
- A genealogical history of the dormant, abeyant, forfeited, and extinct peerages of the British empire (1978)
- BRERETON--BARON BRERETON.
- SIR WILLIAM BRERETON, of Brereton, Knt, who m. Phillppa, dau. of Sir Hugh, and sister of Thomas Hulse, and had issue, .... etc.
- The eldest surviving son.
- SIR ANDREW BRERETON, of Brereton, Knt, m. Agnes, dau. of Robert Legh, of Adlington, and had Issue,
- I. WILLIAM (SIR), his heir.
- II. John, of Leek, co. Stafford.
- III. Andrew.
- IV. Matthew.
- I. Ellen, wife of John Fitton, of Gawsworth.
- II. Alice, wife of William Moreton, of Little Moreton.
- III. Elizabeth, m. 1st to Philip Legh, of Boothes; and 2ndly, to John Carington, of Carington.
- IV. Catherine, m. to Thomas Smith, of Hagh.
- V. Matilda, m. to John Davenport of Davenport
- VI. Johanna, m. to Lawrence Dutton. of Marshe, brother and hdr of Sir Thomas Dutton, of Dutton.
- The eldest son and heir.
- SIR WILLIAM BRERETON, of Brereton, Knt.; chief Justice and lord high marshal of Ireland, m. 1st Alice, dau. of Sir John Savage, Knt, of Clifton, and by her had a son, .... etc.
- The chief justice m. 2ndly, Eleanor, dau. of Sir Ralph Brereton, of Ipstones, co. Stafford, and widow of -- Egerton, and by her had issue, .... etc.
- Sir William Brereton of Brereton
- m. Philippa Hulse (dau of Sir Hugh Hulse)
- 1. William Brereton of Brereton (dsp)
- m. Katherine Byron (dau of Sir John Byron)
- 2. Sir Andrew Brereton of Brereton
- m1. Agnes Legh (dau of Robert Legh of Adlington)
- A. Sir William Brereton of Brereton (b c1483, bur 04.02.1541, Chief Justice and Lord High Marshal of Ireland)
- m1. Alice Savage (dau of Sir John Savage of Clifton)
- i. .... etc.
- m2. Eleanor Brereton (d 1570, dau of Sir Ralph Brereton of Ipstones)
- iii. .... etc.
- B. Ellen Brereton
- m. John Fitton of Gawsworth (d 19.02.1524)
- C. Alice Brereton
- m. William Moreton (Morton) of Little Moreton
- D. Elizabeth Brereton
- m1. Philip Legh of Boothes
- m2. John Carington of Carington or Carrington
- E. Catherine Brereton
- m. Thomas (not John) Smith of Hagh (Hough)
- F. Matilda (Maud) Brereton
- m. John Davenport of Davenport
- G. Johanna Brereton
- m. Lawrence Dutton of Marshe
- H.+ other issue - John of Leek, Andrew, Matthew
- m2. Anne Done
- partner(s) unknown
- K. Katherine Brereton
- m. William Bowyer of Knipersley (d 1540-1)
- L. Elizabeth Brereton
- m. John Smith of Oldhaugh
- 3. .... etc.
- Main source(s): BE1883 (Brereton) with some support from TCP (Brereton of Laghlin or Leighlin), Visitation (Cheshire, 1580, Brereton of Brereton), BIFR1976 (Brereton)
- From: Stirnet.com
- http://www.brereton.org/Cheshire%20January%202013.pdf - SOME DATES ARE NOT CORRECT IN THIS LISTING & CONNECTIONS VERY CONFUSING
Alice Moreton's Timeline
Chester, Cheshire, England, (Present UK)
Chester, Cheshire, , England
Chester, City of Chester and West Cheshire, UK
Chester, Cheshire, England, (Present UK)