Lucille Polk Reeves (Carter)
|Death:||Died in South Carolina, USA|
|Cause of death:||Heart Failure / Disease|
|Place of Burial:||Valley Forge Memorial Park, Pennsylvania.|
|Managed by:||June Barnes|
Matching family tree profiles for Lucille Polk Reeves
About Lucille Polk Reeves
- Name: Miss Lucile Polk Carter
- Born: Thursday 20th October 1898
- Age: 13 years
- Last Residence: in Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 113760 , £120
- Cabin No.: B96/98
- Rescued (boat 4)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 19th October 1962
- Cause of Death: Heart Failure / Disease
- Buried: Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States
Miss Lucile Polk Carter, 14, was born October 20, 1898, the daughter of William Ernest and Lucile Carter. She also had a brother William Thornton Carter. The family lived at Bryn Mawr, near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The Carter's boarded the Titanic at Southampton as first class passengers. They occupied cabins B-96 and 98.
Lucile, her brother and mother were rescued in Lifeboat 4. Her father escaped in collapsible C.
Lucile later married to Samuel J. Reeves. They had a daughter (the later Mrs Clinton W. Trowbridge) and a son, David Reeves who lived in Wayne, Pennsylvania. At the time of her death she had six grandchildren and was residing in Charleston, South Carolina.
Lucile Reeves (né Carter) died at her daughter's home in Summerville, South Carolina on October 19, 1962. She was buried at Valley Forge Memorial Park, Pennsylvania.
- Phillip Gowan, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr William Ernest Carter
- Mrs Lucile Carter
- Master William Thornton II Carter