About Walter de Hungerford
Subject of the Hungerford Family project discussion
The earliest profile on the de Hungerford Geni tree is Walter de Hungerford i.
The following recorded information has no source recorded.
- Born: about 1140, Heytesbury, Wiltshire, England
- Died: about 1231 (aged 91) Heytesbury, Wiltshire, England
- Buried: Warminster, England
- Married: Mary de Heytesbury (Not established) Probably married before 1160 - the suggested birthdate for his son Everard.
It would seem that this information has been passed on from tree to tree online with only other trees quoted as a source. The closest so far found as a source is perhaps unreliable -
American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI)
- Name: Walter Dehungerford
- Volume: 42
- Page Number: 48
- Biographical Info: Sir
- Reference: Families directly des. from all the royal fams. in Europe (495 to 1932). By Mrs. Eliz. M. Leach Rixford. Burlington, Vt. 1932. (175p.):35
This reference probably refers to another Walter de Hungerford as Walter born c 1140 was not referred to as a knight - CJB.
Source Information: Godfrey Memorial Library, comp.. American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999. Original data: Godfrey Memorial Library. American Genealogical-Biographical Index. Middletown, CT, USA: Godfrey Memorial Library.
Description: This database contains millions of records of people whose names have appeared in printed genealogical records and family histories. With data from sources largely from the last century, each entry contains the person's complete name, the year of the biography's publication, the person's state of birth (if known), abbreviated biographical data, and the book and page number of the original reference.
(Apart from online trees)
None yet found.
Not on these References
- History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Isles
- The Visitation of Wiltshire 1623. The earliest references is to Walter de Hungerford born (1378-1449)
- The Hungerford Family by Dennis Martin - again earliest reference is to Everard de Hungerford
- The Peerage - A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe
- A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerages of England, Ireland, and Scotland, Extinct, Dormant, and in Abeyance. England (ISBN 10: 114334037X / ISBN 13: 9781143340376 )
Families directly des. from all the royal fams. in Europe (495 to 1932). By Mrs. Eliz. M. Leach Rixford. Burlington, Vt. 1932. (175p.):35 Not mentioned.