Christopher Hussey and his wife Theodate Bachiler (Batchelder) sailed from England to America on board the William and Francis in 1632. Once landing in Boston, they became part of the settlements founded by Theodate's father, the Rev. Stephen Bachiler (Batchelder) in Saugus (now Lynn, Massachusetts) and Hampton (now New Hampshire), better known as the Winnacunnet Plantation.
Some links to Batchelder information.
'Ancestry and Descendants of Deacon David Batchelder of Hampton Falls, N.H., Born Jan. 13, 1736 ... (1902)
'Batchelder, Batcheller genealogy. Descendants of Rev. Stephen Bachiler of England...who settled the town of New Hampton, N. H., and Joseph, Henry, Joshua and John Batcheller, of Essex Co., Mass (1898)
'Genealogical and personal memoirs relating to the families of ..., Volume 3 edited by William Richard Cutter
'A genealogical record of the descendants of Quartermaster George Colton By George Woolworth Colton
- Pg. 467
- Some New England Family Connections.
- John Colton, b. 1797; mar. Lemira Batchelder, 1826, daughter of
- John Batchelder, b. 1769, and Tirzah Billings; son of
- John Batchelder, b. ___, and Lydia Leland; son of
- Mark Bachelor, b. 1706, and Sarah Friend; son of
- John Batchelder, b. 1666, and Hannah Tarbox; son of
- John Batchelder, b. 1638, and Mary Dennis; son of
- Hon. Joseph Batchelder, b. in Canterbury, England, emigrant, 1636.
- (Ref.: "Batchelder Genealogy, 1898.")
'The Essex antiquarian: an illustrated ... magazine devoted to the ..., Volume 7 edited by Sidney Perley
- Pg. 168-269
- BATCHELDER NOTES.