Mynhardt Trek 1894
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so please join the project using the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles in projects.
Three deaths in the family 2 on the 3rd March 1895 and another on 5th March 1895
ZIM DN 2/61 Johannes Tobias Mynhardt died on 3rd March 1895 aged 64 od Senile decay
ZIM DN 2/60 Anna Cornelia Maria Mynhardt Died 5 March 1895 aged 63 y 5m of Senile decay - 11 children listed
ZIM DN 2/60 Maria Elizabeth Gezina Mynhardt Died 3 March 1895 aged 35 of "female disease of long standing"
- MRS. JOHN MYNHARDT, 1894 nee Aletta Kok. Came with the Utrecht-Mynhardt Trek; had one daughter who died as a small child. Information from Mrs. M. Edwards, Chipinga, 27/6/57, and p. 162 "Many Treks Made Rhodesia," by S. P. Olivier.
Children: Six children p. 162 "Many Treks Made Rhodesia,” by S. P. Olivier.
- Jan Y - Johannes Tobias Mynhardt m. Anna Susanna nn
- Annie A - Anna Cornelia Mynhardt m. Wynand Bezuidenhout
- Ewart P - Ewart Theodorus Mynhardt m. Magdalena Aletta nn
- Barend J - Barend Jacobus Mynhardt m. Johanna Hendrina Hermina nn
- Agatha - Gerharda Cornelia Mynhardt m. Nicolaas Hendrik Bezuidenhout
- Cornelia Corlina Mynhardt Cornelia Mynhardt - m. Louis Schutt/Schoultz?
- 1st marriage - Gerharda Cornelia Mynhardt (Joubert)
- 2nd Marriage - Cornelia Corlina Mynhardt (van Schalkwyk) Did she marry Bekker?
- Ewart Theodorus - Ewart P (m. Magdalena Aletta)
- Barend Jacobus - Barend J (m. Johanna Hendrina Hermina ?)
- Cornelia Carolina - Cornelia (m. Louis Schutt?)
- William (minor in 1923)
- Mrs Louis Schutt, 1894, nee Cornelia Mynhardt. Came with her parents in the Mynhardt - Utrecht Trek. Information from Mrs M. Edwards, Chipinga, 27/6/1957. Also p. 162 "Many Treks Made Rhodesia,” by S. P. Olivier.
- Mrs Bezuidenhout, 1894. Nee Agatha Mynhardt. Came with her parents in the Mynhardt-Utrecht Trek. Information from Mrs. M. Edwards, Chipinga, 27/6/1957. Also page 92 "Many Treks Made Rhodesia," by S. P. Olivier.
Utrecht Trek 1894
- Dirk Labuschagne and his wife Jacoba van Rooyen
- Miemie Labuschagne,
- Kate (Susara) Labuschagne,
- Johanna Labuschagne,
- Tommy Labuschagne,
- Nols Labuschagne.
- Mrs Wolhuter, 1894, nee Susara Catherina Labuschagne. Arrived with the Mynhardt - Utrecht Trek; went to Mount Selinda via Fort Victoria. Returned to the Union but came back to Rhodesia in 1923. Information from herself in Bulawayo, 1959. See also page 92 "Many Treks Made Rhodesia,” by S. P. Olivier.
MRS. HAMMAN, 1894. nee Annie de Beer. Came with her daughter in the Mynhardt-Utrecht Trek. Information from Mrs. M. Edwards, Chipinga. Also page 161 of "Many Treks Made Rhodesia," by S. P. Olivier.
- Louw de Klerk and Jacomina
- Louw Theunis de Klerk,
- Gina de Klerk,
- Emmie de Klerk,
- Wessels de Klerk.
- Piet Fourie
- Jacobus Kemp
- ? Manoel