Daniel McKenzie willed the Mill Brook Farm to John McKenzie in 1815.
By 1831, John McKenzie and his brother Charles McKenzie were operating the Sawmill Brook Quarry. John commissioned stonemasons Robert Hogg and his son John Hogg to build the Stone House on the Mill Brook Farm property.
After John passed away, his widow Mary lived at the Stone House with her fellow widowed mother Jean Fraser. Jean's daughter and Mary's sister Catherine married John Hogg the younger of the stonemasons who built the Stone House and John and Catherine came to live with them at the Stone House some time prior to 1871.
John and Catherine named a daughter Mary McKenzie Hogg after her aunt Mary, the widow of the original owner of the Stone House. Mary married Thomas O'Brien and they raised their family at the Stone House. After Thomas' death in 1898, Mary lived at the Stone House widowed for 40 years, the early part of which was spent raising her and Tom's six children, the eldest of which was 12 and a half at the time of his death.
Mary's daughter Mary married Robert Taylor and they lived with Mary at the Stone House in the elder Mary's later years. The Taylor's inherited the house at Mary's passing. Robert and Mary Taylor passed the Stone House on to their daughter Betty. Betty didn't marry and sold the Stone House to Derek Tissington and his wife c. 1985. Derek was windowed and sold the Stone House to William Hekman c. 2010.
Entry in Nova Scotia Historic Register: https://eapps.ednet.ns.ca/HPIPublic/PropertyDisplay.aspx?Fid=00PNS0093