Start My Family Tree Welcome to Geni, home of the world's largest family tree.
There are already 10 genealogy profiles with the Lothropp surname on Geni. Join now to find your relatives.

Lothropp Genealogy and Lothropp Family History Information

‹ Back to Surnames Index


view all


  • Capt. John Lathrop, Jr. (1644 - 1727)
    Vital Statistics He was the 13th child of Reverend John Lothropp (Lathrop). His mother was Ann. Her last name is uncertain. He was the SECOND son of Rev Lothropp to be named John. The first died ...
  • Rev. John Lathrop (1584 - 1653)
    =============== Reverend John Lothrop, also known as Lothropp or Lathrop , was baptized December 20, 1584 in Etton, Yorkshire, England, and died Nov. 8, 1653 in Barnstable, Massachusetts. In the re...
  • Robert Lothropp (1335 - 1384)
  • Thomas Lawthrop/Lowthroppe (1536 - 1606)
    Thomas Lawthrop , of Cherry Burton, England, yeoman, was born in Cherry Burton, 19 June 1536 and moved to Etton, Yorkshire about 1566. He was buried at Etton, England 9 October 1606. He was also known ...
  • Thomas Lathrop, Jr. (1582 - 1628)
    Thomas Lathrop was born circa October 1582 in Etton, Yorkshire, England. He was baptized on 14 October 1582 in Etton, Yorkshire, England. He died after 20 October 1628 He left a will on 20 October 1628...

About the Lothropp surname

  • Approximately 95% of the people in the U.S. that have the surname Lathrop are descended from John Lathrop. He himself spelled his name Lothropp. It is estimated that 70% of his descendants use the derivation of Lathrop, while the other 30% use Lothrop. Surname spelling changes were common before the middle part of the 19th century.
  • English: habitational name from Lowthorpe in East Yorkshire, named with the Old Norse personal name Logi or Lági + þorp ‘outlying farmstead’