issues adding profiles

Started by Robin Lent on Monday, February 27, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1925 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Al_Jolson_-_publicity.JPG#mw-jump-to-license
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 91-120 of 122 posts

Private User - you are correct of course, you can decide within your main family group for profiles managed by you (up to 4th great grandparents) which profiles are private and which are public.

There are several approaches to take when you have a notable person in your family -- one is a standalone Master Profile that is not in your tree, or is connected only to deceased, older generations. The other is to have the notable profile, but not other profiles, be public and potentially be made into a Master Profile. That is up to the individual manager, the path that they take.

If there is family information shared in the About Me, the second approach is better. If the About Me is purely about their accomplishments and they are in the public, some managers choose to make the notable profile public.

As you said, it is your decision. Robin is doing a great job and there is certainly nothing wrong with contacting profile managers asking if they are willing to make a notable profile public. Many managers are happy to do so.

Thanks for your comments.

Being a follower or not does not have any influence on a persons access to see your public activity, simply because it is public info.

Blocking someone always have a boomerang effect also blocking your own access, and you just create a very annoying situation both for your self and those who want to contact you..

I think that Isaac Merritt Singer was Jewish
I know that he was difficult to get along with

I've had the flu the past 24 hours so am behind Robin :) I'll add the last couple of groups to the project.

Robin,

Hart's is her second cousin and that is why she wants to keep it private.

Kevin

I'm not working on this project as I am busy adding in a very large tree of the family of Canada's first jew Aaron Philip Hart.

HART BOCHNER is really good looking

Ray Kurzweil is someone I know a bit about :)

Looks to me like Hart Bochner is a public figure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Bochner

he'e certainly notable

Vice Admr. Clifton A. F. "Ziggy" Sprague (USN) is the only one I didn't add. Reading about him, nothing about his ancestry is in articles about him.

Fiorello H. LaGuardia needs to be added as his mother Irene was Jewish.

I've been looking through George Burns' profile. I am told that I am related to him as he was a cousin of my grandfather on my father's side of the family. Is there a way of finding out the connection; i.e. obtaining a list of last names to check for commonality?

You cannot find the line to the Unknown Profile profile linked to in this discussion because that profile are in a standalone tree.

If you are able to research your own path to him and add the profiles we might be able to get the standalone tree connected.

Robin Lent The new release today allows you to add profiles to the project if you are a collaborator in the project, at least I believe I read this to be the case. See the release notes.

Private User Hatte Rubenstein Blejer Has anyone checked the manager for George Burns Sondee Weiss for last online? She manages the profiles for him, his parents and siblings and they are all private.
If she has abandoned, I have the data on them and can redo the profiles so we can possibly get him into the big tree

Last online was December 4, 2010

I cant access her profile to report, will you do it?

http://help.geni.com/entries/21408343-may-8-project-and-profile-enh... Robin Lent here is the discussion. Not quite as easy as I requested, but easier than now.

OK, I am leaving for about an hour and will get on it when I get back.

Here is George and 3 generations back. Still a work in progress.
George Burns
I am working on Gracie's Line then will add Georges siblings when I figure out why I could only print 2 of the 4 pages of data on them. I do not know what branch of Judaism so it is generic. my info shows they were from Austria-Hungary and I haven't figured out the towns yet :-(
Interesting that Gracie was Catholic. Does anyone know if she converted?
Anyway, what I have is public so have at it as far as projects and any other data.

Also, please do not do any merges until I get all the siblings and Gracie's line worked up

Does anyone know what location this is. Lvov, Glzn, Austria

http://data.jewishgen.org/wconnect/wc.dll?jg~jgsys~community~-1045268 This is likely the location. It was in the Austro Hungarian Empire at the time when our ancestors emigrated in the 1880s - 1920s.

Alternatively, it may have been a town "Gizn" in the Lvov subdistrict, for instance http://data.jewishgen.org/wconnect/wc.dll?jg~jgsys~community~-497723.

Grace Ethel Cecile Rosalie Allen was born into an Irish Catholic show business family and educated at Star of the Sea Convent School in San Francisco, California in girlhood

Doesn't look like she converted.

Showing 91-120 of 122 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion