Frederik Potgieter - Change from de Wet to Potgieter

Started by Peter Dennis...Gone fishing! on Friday, June 8, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
6/8/2012 at 12:14 AM

Can someone tell the story about the name change of Frederik Potgieter?
Was there a de Wet somewhere?
Eva had a son who's surname was de Wet.

6/8/2012 at 2:18 AM

I don't know very much about the Potgieter's, Peter - but Private User - the profile's curator might better be able to help. Also calling other managers - Private User Private User in case they know something.

Private User
6/8/2012 at 3:42 AM

Peter - could you perhaps elaborate on your question - I am not sure what you are asking? In what way, when etc was there a name change?

6/8/2012 at 1:36 PM

If you look through the revisions on the profile there is a change in name from Pieter de Wet to Frederick Potgieter.
It seems as if Lea did the change.
Very interested in the story behind this.

Private User
6/8/2012 at 2:57 PM

Private User - your input?

Private User
6/8/2012 at 3:27 PM

I only did a birth surname change on 4 October as he was already Frederik Potgieter at that stage (afer being alerted under my merge centre of a data conflict). I then realised a wrong merge had taken place somewhere as he was connected to the wrong set of parents. I then moved him to his correct set of parents. The wrong merge must have happened between 29 July and 19 September 2011. The name change from Petrus de Wet to Frederik Potgieter happened on 19 September 2011 (this was not done by me). His wife, Eva had also been merged into Magdalena Frenesie Maree. Must also have happened between 29 July 2011 and 19 September 2011 as her name changes also happened on 19 September. On 4 October I moved her to her correct set of parents as she was connected to Ignace Maree and Suzanne van Vuuren. I then recreated Petrus de Wet and Magdalena Frenesie Maree and moved everyone (including children) where they had to be. I also copied out of the “about me” all info of Petrus de Wet and Magdalena Frenesie Maree and put it with their new profiles. The only bit I could not delete was the curator note above Eva Kriel which was meant for Magdalena Frenesie Maree. I was not a curator at that stage. I have deleted it now and added it to Magdalena Frenesie Maree to avoid further confusion.

I am not sure if the merges that happened between 29 July 2011 and 19 September 2011 had something to do with the big Geni crash. But there was a lot of fixing that had to happen with a lot of family lines that were all mixed up.

Here are the links to Petrus de Wet and Magdalena Frenesie Maree

Magdalena Fenesie Maree

Petrus de Wet, b1c2

You will see in the revisions lists on their profiles I added them to the tree
on 4 October 2011.

Private User
6/8/2012 at 4:19 PM

Thanks Lea - does this help Peter?

6/9/2012 at 1:00 AM

It does. Thank you for clearing it up.
I have changed her surname now to Potgieter.
now to the other Eva Catharina Kriel...
regards.

6/9/2012 at 12:01 PM

:-)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion