Rabbi Yechiel Mechil ,מדרוביטש - Big mixup here!

Started by באשא אלישביץ on Monday, July 16, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 44 posts
7/16/2012 at 6:00 PM

His wife was ***Rechil*** not Malka. (See Mayim Rabim - http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=3711&st=&pgnum...):
שם זוגתו הרבנית הצדיקית מרת רעכיל תנצב"ה.

The "wife" listed on this profile (http://www.geni.com/people/Rebitzen-%D7%9E%D7%9C%D7%9B%D7%94-Rabino...) was from GENERATIONS later, as stated there:

מלכה אשתו של רבי יחיאל מיכל מדרוהוביץ',
בנו של רבי יצחק מיאמפולה
בן רבי יוסף מיאמפולה
נכדו של רבי יחיאל מיכל המגיד מזלוטשוב - it should actually be the son of R' Yechiel Michel, not grandson.

Source: See תועפות הרים p. 217. Bottom line: Malka was the wife of R' Yechiel Miechel's great-grandson who carried the same name.

Private User
7/16/2012 at 6:18 PM

The problem is not just his wife, some his "mother" listed here is not his either. are actually his great-grandson's parents. His mother's real name was Miriam (Source: http://www.geni.com/people/Rebitzen-%D7%9E%D7%9C%D7%9B%D7%94-Rabino... on bottom).

Solution: A new profile needs to be made from R' Michel of Zlotchov, and the family members connected here need to be re-arranged..

7/16/2012 at 8:06 PM

Yes you are right i tryed to fix problam a few times
מלכה אשתו של רבי יחיאל מיכל מדרוהוביץ',
was daughter of Tchnobler Magid harav Mordechai
Malkes mother was Reb Chaya Sureh daughter of Beis Aharon of Karlin

בנו של רבי יצחק מיאמפולה
Reb Yitzchoks wife Reb Chane Chaye daughter of Reb Burech of Mezibush

בן רבי יוסף מיאמפולה

who was son of Reb Mechil of zlotchiv and his wife Reb Rechil

please try to resolve problam

Private User
7/16/2012 at 8:31 PM

For whoever helps with cleaning up the tree, here's notes I typed up form the sefer mayim rabim about R' Michel of Zlotchov:

בס' מים רבים בסופו כתב הר"ר נתן נטע הכהן האבד"ק קאלביעל:

ר' משה מזיווהעל. יום הילולא שלו. יו"ד אייש תקצ"א ומנ"כ בזיווהעל וראיתי הסכמתו על ס' קצות החושן בשנת תקע"ו.

רבי יחיאל מיכל מזלאטשוב (ד) היה מגיד בק' בראד זלאטשוב וקאלק ומנ"כ ביאמפלא. יום היולא של רבינו הקדוש: כ"ה אלול תקמ"א בש"ק בשעת מנחה. שם זוגתו הרבנית הצדיקית מרת רעכיל.

(ה) בן המוכיח הגדול המפורסם בישראל הצדיק א"א רבינו יצחק מ"מ ק"ק דרביטש ומנ"כ בהארחוב. [רבי איציקל מ’דראהביטש]

הילולא שלו ז' ניסן [תק"ד], ושם זוג' הרבנית הצ' מ' מרים ושמעתי מנכדי רבינו ר"ר מיכל זצללה"ה כי על סידור של רבינו הקדוש הבעש"ט זצללה"ה היה כתב יחיאל מיכל בן מרים ללב טהור. ועל גדלות מרדריגתו עיי' מ"ש לעיל בשם ס' אגרא דפירקא.

(ו) בהה"ק מו"ה יוסף הנקרא בפי כל (ספראווידליווער [ספראווידליווער]) איש אמת. זוג' הרבנית הצדקנית הי' שמה יענטא. ועי' בדברינו לעיל ממנה.
[דער טאטע פון דער קדוש ר’ איציקל האט מען גערופן ר’ יוסף ספראווידליווער - “איש אמת” בלע”ז. דאס הייסט אז אויך די גוים האבן אים אזוי גערופן, ווייל ער איז געווען באקאנט אלס אן אמת’ער מענטש.]

(ז) בהה"ק מו"ה משה מזווירש זצ"ל. שנהרג על קה"ש ולמעלה כמה וכמה דורות צדיקים וגדולי ישראל זצללה"ה עד (המשך לקמן אות ח')
כן מבואר במכתב שקבלתי מנכדיו בשם הה"ק ר' מרדכי שליט"א מזיווהעל וכותב כי הה"ק ר' יוסף 'איש אמת' נסע קודם פטירתו לארץ הקדושה ושלח משם חומש לבנו הה"ק ר' יצחק מדראביטש וכתב על הדף, על אלה אני בוכי' על אבי ר' משה שנהגר על קה"ש [...]

(ח) הגה"ק המפו' רבינו יצחק חיות אבד"ק פראג בעה"מ ספר אפי רברבי וחסידי פרובינציא זצ"ל, נין ונכד
יום ההילולא שלו הוא י"א תמוז תמ"ב. ובס' נוצר חסד (אבות פ"ד מט"ז) להה"ק מקאמארנא כ' וז"ל כדי שתכנס לטרקלין אפילו שומר הפתח אינו עומד בפניו ולכן לא אמר שיכניסו אלא שתכנס אתה בעצמך כמו שנמצא במעשה דרבי יצחק חיותר שהוא וזקינו הצדיק הלכו לג"ע בלתי רשות שומר הפתח. ועי' שה"ג החדש מער' מ' אות ס"ט.

(ט) לרבינו הקדוש רש"י זצללה"ה זי"ע דור ל"ג להתנא ר' יוחנן הסנדלר דור ד' לר"ג הזקן בן ר' שמעון הנשיא בן הלל הזקן מגזע שפטי' (כתובת ס"ב):

(י) בן דוד ממע"ה זי"ע ועכי"א.
כל הסדר הייחוס מאות ה' עד אות' יו"ד נדפס כן בס' עצי בשמים. מהגה"ק ר' ישעי' זצללה"ה מפראגא הנ"ל. וכן נדפס בס' דעת התורה לכבוד הגאון המפורסם ר' שלום מרדכי הכהן זצוק"ל אבד"ק בערזאן שהוא ג"כ נכד רבינו הגדול ר"י מדראביטש. וכן ראיתי בסדר היחוס לבית רבינו הקדוש ר"י מסאדיגורא זצללה"ה.

Private User
7/16/2012 at 9:58 PM

Yes I also realized this. besides this there are many other errors. Among the errors are R' Nachman M'Horodenka was a son in law of R' Yitzchok M'Druhbitch.
I did make some corrections. Following are some of the corrections:

ר' יצחק מדראהאביטש, אשתו הרבנית מרים
בנו: ר' יחיאל מיכל מזלוטשוב, אשתו הרבנית רעכיל
בנו: ר' יוסף מיאמפולע, אשתו (לא ידוע)מ
בנו: ר' יצחק מיאססי-יאמפולע, אשתו הרבנית חנה חיה - בת ר' ברוך ממעזבוז
בנו: ר' יחיאל מיכל מדרוהוביטש-יאמפולע, אשתו הרבנית מלכה בת ר' מרדכי מטשערנאביל

Private User
7/17/2012 at 7:05 AM

I think it will be best to leave this profile for רבי יחיאל מיכל מדרוהוביץ, and then build the tree upwards. Because the wife listed here has such a large tree connected to it, it will be better to leave it as Malka, and add Rechil a few generations up together with the new profile for רבי יחיאל מיכל מזלוטשוב.

Then the children that belong higher on the tree could be moved there. Most the known details bout the family are published in תופעות הרים and מים רבים.

עוד פרט: אמו של ר' יחיאל מיכל מזלוטשוב הייתה הרבנית פייגא

וי"א שהיתה היתה מגזע המקובל הרה"ק רבי מאיר פאפירש זצ"ל
ראה בספר תועפות הרים עמ' 29 הע' 9: "המקור היחיד לקבלה זו בדבר אשת רבי יצחק, מובא ב"משפחות עתיקות בישראל" בשם שלשלת היוחסין בסו"ס שמע שלמה, ולא מצאתי שם."

But anyway until the profiles are separated it's not worth it to add details.

7/17/2012 at 9:52 AM

Sure is a big mixup here ; sefer תועפות הרים is generally very accurate . You can also check with Rabbi Naftali Vekstein.

Private User
7/18/2012 at 7:23 PM

To Mendy Elishevitz

I don't understand, you are the one that brought down word by word from the sefer מים רבים and there it says clearly that R' Yeciel Mechel M'Zlotchiv's mother was מרים so why did you write in your last posting that it was פייגא?

Private User
7/18/2012 at 7:55 PM

In mayim Rabim it says that he heard that in the sidur of the Baal shem tov it says "יחיאל מיכל בן מרים ללב טהור", but in the copy we have today it says פיגה.

See here: http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pagefeed/hebrewbooks_org_50140_34.pdf and here http://www.shturem.net/index.php?section=blog_new&article_i...

וצ"ע...

7/19/2012 at 6:53 AM

Rabbi Shlomo Leib Mund
managed this tree we need to contact him and see if he can change it

Private User
7/19/2012 at 12:51 PM

I am also a manager, but I don't have a Pro account yet.

7/19/2012 at 1:45 PM

Any of the curators, especially those who work in these lines, would be happy to assist. Just let one of us know in this thread.

Private User
7/19/2012 at 2:40 PM

Hatte Blejer That's great! how do we start? Should I post a list of corrections here?

7/19/2012 at 3:16 PM

Private User

Sure, you can post list of corrections here. I only have a Hebrew keyboard on my iPhone, so I may enlist another curator too.

Private User
7/19/2012 at 4:00 PM

I would start working the bottom of the list (which is the current profile), and add any new people listed here that don’t already have profiles. Then the family members that already have profiles could be moved to their correct set of parents.

Main profile: Rabbi Yechiel Michel of Zlochov (famous personality)

Father: Rabbi Yitzchok of of Drohobic ("Drubitch") [1]
Mother: Miriam (or Feiga)
Wife: Rechil

Children:
1. Yosef (of Yampeli) - Admor Yosef Rabinowitz, of Yampola (son#1) [4]
2. Yitzchok (of Radvil) - http://www.geni.com/people/Rabbi-Yitzchak-of-Radivil-%D7%A8%D7%91%D...
3. Zeev (of Zbariz) - R' Wolf Hersh M'Zbariz, of Zbariz/Zbarazh (son#4)
4. Moshe (of Zevil) - http://www.geni.com/people/Rabbi-Moshe-of-Zvehil-Zvyahel-%D7%A8%D7%...
5. Mordechai (of Kramnitz) - http://www.geni.com/people/Rav-Mordechai-of-Kremenets-%D7%A8%D7%91%...
6. Miriam (married Dovid of Stepin) - Yenta Segal (Her name was not Yentel - Source: Toafot Harim page 312)

1) INFO ON RABBI YITZCHOK OF OF DROHOBIC ("DRUBITCH"): Father – Rabbi Yosef Spravidliver[2]. Mother: Yenta “the prophetess”[3].

2) INFO ON RABBI YOSEF SPRAVIDLIVER: Father: Moshe of Zvirsh

3) She used to have a profile on Geni, but it seemingly disappeared. http://www.geni.com/merge/resolve/4917535757150086243

4) INFO ON RABBI YOSEF OF YAMPELI:
Children:
Rabbi Yisrael of Tchaun
Rabbi Chaim of Stanuv
Rabbi Yitzchok of Kalus [5]
He also had a daugher who was married to Rabbi Getzil

5) INFO ON RABBI YITZCHOK OF KALUS: Wife: Chana Chava[6]
Rabbi Yechiel Mechl of Drohobic ("Drubitch") - Yechiel Michel Rabinowitz, "Magid of Zlotchov"# (current profile!)[7]

6) INFO ON CHANA CHAVA: Father: Rabbi Boruch of Mezhibuzh (famous personality)

7) INFO ON RABBI YECHIEL MECHL OF DROHOBIC: Wife: Malka (NOT Rechil), daughter of Rabbi Mordechai of Chernobyl - http://www.geni.com/people/Rebitzen-%D7%A8%D7%A2%D7%9B%D7%99%D7%9C-...

7/19/2012 at 4:32 PM

This looks doable. I'm a bit under the weather so will work on it tomorrow or Sunday, when I can focus better.

7/19/2012 at 11:46 PM

Hatte Blejer Please let me know if you would like some help sorting this through as the ancestral line of the Skoyler Rebbe (1898 - 1979), a direct descendant of the Baal Shem Tov, is impacted too.

1. Grand Rabbi David Yitzhak Eizik Rabinowitz, 3rd Admur Skole
2. Rabbi Baruch Pinchas Rabinowitz, 2nd Admur Skole in Vienna
3. Grand Rabbi Eliezer Chaim Rabinowitz, Admur Yampol and then 1st Admur Skole
4. reb baruch yampoli

5. Rabbi Yitzchok Rabinowitz of Yampola, of Medzhbyzh's wife Chana Chaya Rabinowitz. Her father Rabbi Baruch Ashkenazi, of Medzhybizh was the grandson of the Baal Shem Tov through Rbzn. Udel Ashkenazi, dau. Baal Shem Tov, the daughter of the Baal Shem Tov.

6. Admor Yosef Rabinowitz, of Yampola (son#1)
7. Yechiel Michel Rabinowitz, "Magid of Zlotchov"

Private User
7/20/2012 at 6:37 AM

Rabbi Yitzchok Rabinowitz of Yampola, of Medzhbyzh is known as "RABBI YITZCHOK OF Kalus/Kalis. It seems that only his son Boruch was referred to as "of Yassi"

Much of the "about" section on that profile is about RABBI YITZCHOK OF OF DROHOBIC ("DRUBITCH").... his great grandfather. So someone confused those two Yitzchoks and merged them.

7/20/2012 at 8:40 AM

Malka Mysels - yes, I would like your help. I'm still under the weather so holding off on starting this until I have a clear head, but go ahead and work on any area you want. Just email me and let me know what you are working on. Thanks!

7/20/2012 at 8:42 AM

It sounds like these profiles need to be Master Profiles to help prevent bad merges, Malka.

7/22/2012 at 10:43 AM

Thank you all for fixing this problem
Thank you Hatte Blejer for your kindness
I cant wait till we fix all so we can add to this great nice tree

Please contact me if you need any help

7/22/2012 at 11:21 AM

I've also enlisted Yigal Burstein who has curated a lot of rabbinical lines and whose Hebrew is of course much better than mine. It may take us a few days or a week or so to get it straightened out and we will have questions or maybe need to know additional sources. We will definitely be in touch.

Malka Mysels - should we do this through a project or just work on the tree. With a project we could have discussion threads.

7/23/2012 at 12:03 AM

Hatte Blejer Great idea! I will set up a project format to help facilitate discussion and downloading of source material.

Private User
7/23/2012 at 1:47 AM

If i may humbly add my grain of sand
Maybe until things are cleared we should add a warning notice like
"Please do not merge-change this profile as it is part of an ongoing process of major updating" to all relevant profiles.

7/23/2012 at 6:04 AM

Private User As curators we can lock down the profiles to prevent further damage. Will see to it asap. Thanks so much for the reminder.

7/23/2012 at 11:53 AM

Good suggestion. I had a family obligation that was unexpected. Sorry to leave Malka with all the work. I should free up in a day or two.

7/24/2012 at 5:46 AM

I would gladly step in to try and help untangle the knots. However it would be helpful and more accurate, if all those who have added or wish to add any relevant info (e.g. in the "about" section) - include the source of that info. Just a quotation of a text with no source is no good practice for introducing changes to an existing family tree with profiles managed by dozens of Geni co-managers. I will add Hebrew fonts to the names of the "cleaned" profiles we agree upon.

Private User
7/25/2012 at 2:45 AM

Most of the inf you could see for yourself at http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=3711&st=&pgnum... and in the pages following it.

There's also a book תועפות הרים which is a book about the Zlochov dynasty. I could scan the relevant pages - he did thorough research on each details, especially when there are minor conflicts like a spouses name, year of birth or passing. I just lent the book to someone, but I could get it back whenever I want.

Private User
7/25/2012 at 3:58 AM

Maybe we should ask Naftali Vekshtein?
vekshtein@bezeqint.net
I get from time to time his e mails and not long ago ine of them had to do with the family

7/25/2012 at 5:18 AM

We can upload scans and attach them to the profiles as sources, so that would be good.

Showing 1-30 of 44 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion