Please add this name to the Irish research list

Started by Private User on Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 1-30 of 31 posts
Private User
5/15/2013 at 11:23 AM

When you place the name and place here it will be added to the list on the project mainpage.
Please also let us know where the family emigrated to if known

Private User
5/16/2013 at 2:37 AM

Hi Anne-Marie,

Thanks for setting this up. I've tried to figure out how to add to it but I'm not sure. Just started using the boards/projects side of Geni. I've added my list below.... thanks for adding them.

GUY, Joseph - Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown - CO DUBLIN
GUY, Richard - Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown - CO DUBLIN

GUY, Peter Paul - NEW YORK / NEW JERSEY
GUY (E), Patrick Stephen - NEW YORK / US ARMY

LONG, Lawrence - Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown - CO DUBLIN
MALOWNEY, ANNE - Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown - CO DUBLIN

MURPHY, Denis - (Nth) DUBLIN CITY
MASTERSON, Patrick - (Nth) DUBLIN CITY
CAROLAN, Helena - (Nth) DUBLIN CITY
HAMPSTON, Helena - (Nth) DUBLIN CITY

HUNT, James - BANTRY/TIMOLEAGUE, Co Cork
FITZPATRICK, JULIA - CLONAKILTY, Co Cork

SULLIVAN, Michael - BANTRY, Co Cork
SULLIVAN, Julia - LOUGH AVOUL, - ADRIGOLE, Co Cork

BOHANE, James -
KILCROHANE, DOONORE, SHEEPSHEAD, Co Cork
& of CASPER, WYOMING - DENVER, COLORADO, USA.

SMITH, JULIA "FRANCES" - DENVER, COLORADO, USA

Many thanks,
Gillean

Private User
5/16/2013 at 2:40 AM

Thank you for the additions to the list, it is great to see so much interest as this will help other users to make connections and new additions to the tree, I am still putting up all the names and will include yours too.

Private User
5/16/2013 at 4:06 AM

Done, names are added

Private User
5/16/2013 at 2:45 PM

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your work on this, Private User! I added in the ones I could think of off the top of my head from the trees I primarily work on, and I'll keep trying to think of more.

Private User
5/18/2013 at 2:54 AM

Thanks for the thumps up Ashley but it was really the idea of the users to create a master list I am only listening to requests :) , hopefully all Irish Geni users will list their researched names here

5/23/2013 at 8:30 AM

This is really great Private User. My "Irish" ancestors are Ulster Scots, but there are many of them. And in one of my lines - could be my half-sister's - I did find Irish (not Ulster Scots) lines too. Which was a pleasant surprise.

Private User
5/24/2013 at 1:39 AM

Thanks Hatte, hope a lot of people will make use of it and find connections :)

5/24/2013 at 8:18 AM

I did add some profiles and put in links for the Kenney, Pettigrew / Petticrew, and Ainsworth families.

Private User
5/25/2013 at 1:57 AM

:) Noticed it Hatte, thanks the more names the better :)

10/29/2013 at 8:14 AM

I am researching my 4xGGF, Samuel McCully, who lived in Northern Ireland (we think Derry/Londonderry area) and we think was born about 1750 's and immigrated to Nova Scotia , Canada about 1770's-1780's and ended up in New Brunswick. I wanted to find out more about his Irish life! Hit a brick wall!

Private User
10/29/2013 at 8:39 AM

Kristin Felicia VanNest that is going to be a difficult one as the Irish records do not go back that far, Civil registration only started in 1864 and before that we only had church records, if any record at all.

I did notice a William McCully as an early settler in the Londonderry Township also born around 1850, I wonder is there a relation
http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/23373898/person/12289296386/mediax...

Private User
10/29/2013 at 8:48 AM

Most of the early settlers in Nova Scotia/ Londonderry Township from Northern Ireland were Scotch/Irish

10/29/2013 at 8:55 AM

He did have a son William ,but born about 1781 (his other son Samuel was my 3x ggf and he had a son William born about 1820 in NB)) ...it's possible he was born in New Brunswick then too. I know that Samuel went to NS first then on to NB. (I cannot see that uk link, btw LOL) This one has certainly been a tough cookie to research...

Private User
10/29/2013 at 9:05 AM

I have uploaded the doc as a photograph with the project

The William was Irish born and the family consisted of 6 people , one man, 3 boys, 1 women and one girl.
This is the 1770 Londonderry Township census

Private User
10/29/2013 at 9:11 AM

This William above married the Canadian born Isabella Wilson, they did have a son Samuel McCully born 24 Jul 1772 in Londonderry, Nova Scotia, he died 12 Aug 1849 in Amherst Nova Scotia.
He was reverend Samuel McCully
See another picture I just attached to the project, hope this is your Samuel

10/29/2013 at 10:29 AM

those dates would be too early for Samuel's son William. my 4x ggf was born between 1750-1759 in N. Ireland. When he came to nova scotia, we are not sure if he was married with william in tow, or that William was born in Nova Scotia in 1781. (he is my great uncle) Samuel's 3rd son, Samuel, born in 1786 in Nova Scotia, was my 3x GGF.. I see some of them were protestant, but I also see some of my relatives once settled in New Brunswick, Canada were baptist.

2/16/2014 at 2:08 PM

Madden from West of Ireland , spelled several different ways one is Maden and several others, supposedly were wealthy and farmers. Another spelling was Madahan, trying to find any history of our ancestors, it is of historic value to me as they went to Britain evidently and trying to find information on our historic past in England Iris White/nee Madden from Britain.

2/17/2014 at 11:05 AM

I only know we went to Britain, I have no idea of where we left from. we were a 600 year tribe West of Ireland we formed one clan the Ui Maine O!Kelleys 1014 to 1027the Maddens were Lords of Siol nAnnchadha. The Cromwellian confiscation took the land and a portion wzs restored Act of Settlement in 1677.They had 25,000 acres among the leading landowners in Mayo Leitrain and Fermanosh. In the middle ages were frdequently mentioned in the Irish Annals.the crest said Madden-Fortior-our-se. Rev. Samuel Madden Viacen t 1686 to 1765, Richard Robert Madden 1798-1886 they wer all prominent in the literary field The United Irishmen their Lifes and Times the latters son Thomas More Madden 1844-1902 and Daniel Owen Maden 1815-1859. I have the family coat of arms and this is where I found all the information so far. I am so interested in finding out more about our clan. I am sure we were farmers in England somewhere, my mother used to mention remembering going in a pony and trap bringing tea to the workers. We also have the Fosters names in our families. so any information would be a great help, Iris.

Private
11/8/2015 at 4:15 AM

@ William Kelly,1808-1880, b.Fermandagh,N.Ireland - left as a young man, seems to have married in Galway.. spent time in Bermuda -- then left Ireland, with some family, for S.Africa, where more children were born - and the family remained there. We would love to trace his parents and ancestors, and to confirm parts of his story.. Please add to list... Thank you ! ( a change from the maternal side, Ireland ) Pauline,nee kelly.

Private User
3/29/2016 at 4:51 AM

Hi Anne Marie,
Here's a name I would like to add to the list: Mo(o)de.
This guy, https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000011958121197 emigrated from Great Britain. I found a lot of Mode's in The Shetlands
His descendants lived mostly in Pennsylvania, USA. His great-grandsons ran a mill in Modena, PA. He was Scots-Irish and had a mill in Great Britain before he emigrated.
Thank you,
Hanne Huisjes

Private User
3/29/2016 at 5:06 AM

Hi Hanne, will do so, thanks a million

Private User
10/9/2017 at 1:46 PM

Anne Nora James and her husband Anthony Kilkenny. They sailed from southern England, I believe it was Liverpool. They went to New York and then to Ohio. Could find no info before they left England or after they went to Ohio. They had 3 daughters and a son, Thomas George Kilkenny, born in New York. I've searched for several years with little luck. Any help would be appreciated.

10/22/2017 at 2:18 PM

Hi
Looking for any information on Nulty's. Peter Nulty circa 1869, father Patrick probably Meath. I can't find Peter's birth cert or any brothers or sisters may have emigrated. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

10/23/2017 at 1:47 PM

My daughter's fiance and my grandson's father is a Ferrrall and has a number of other Irish Irish lines so we finally have real Irish versus Scots from Ulster in our family. I wsa able to find and extend a Ferrall tree here on Geni.

10/23/2017 at 1:50 PM

William Dominick Ferrall is the immigrant.

Private User
2/21/2018 at 5:49 PM

John Joseph Mulcairn, Queenstown, Cork left Ireland around 1904 at the age of about 18. Father was Michel (may have been Michael) and his mother was Hannah. Her name is listed on John's marriage certificate as Pinknly

7/27/2018 at 11:29 PM

@Michael Mills, son of James and Bridget Mills of Gortmellia, Ireland,County Mayo. Born 09/04/1904

7/27/2018 at 11:31 PM

Janet Mills Weil.

@Michael Mills, son of James and Bridget Mills of Gortmellia, Ireland,County Mayo. Born 09/04/1904

8/1/2018 at 11:23 AM

@Michael Mills. Parents-James and Bridget Mills, Gortmellia(Knocknalower), Mayo. Born 9/04/1904. Siblings- Patrick, John, Maria, Bridget, Maggie, Nora, Ellen, and Anthony

Showing 1-30 of 31 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion