Josef Antinpoika/Andersson Keksi - Can someone tell me if I am correct in how I translate this (roughly?)

Started by Rosalie Sundin on Thursday, June 27, 2013
Showing all 2 posts
6/27/2013 at 9:13 PM

Here is the original from the overview page for Josef Antinpoika Keksi:

Norsk Genealogy Publication, Yggdrasil Book/Newsletter, Edition/volume 1 - 15, 2000, page 21 .
Venäläiset surmanneet. Vihitty n.1674. Isäntänä Keksin tilalla Marjosaaren kylässä -------------------- Asunut appensa luona Kaulinrannalla. Isänsä Antin jälkeen hän isännöi Keksin tilaa Marjosaaressa. Sai surmansa venäläisten partiota vastaan käydyssä kahakassa 1716. Sama partio oli ryöstänyt Särkilahden kirkon ja pieksänyt papin niin, että hän kuoli seuraavana päivänä. --------------------
Google translation from Finnish -- with my editing as I understand it:

"The Russians killed. Marriage n.1674. Come up (grew up) with/on Keksi farm in the village of the island Marjo (Marjosaaren.)

Lived in Kaulinrannalla (Kaulinranta) at his father-in-law's house. His father Antin (Antti), hosted (?cleared or established?) Keksi homeplace on/for Marjosaaren (Marjo island.)

Josef was killed by Russian patrol during a skirmish in 1716. The same The patrol had robbed Särkilahti Pieksänyt the church and the priest, so that he died the next day."

Google's translation of the Norsk line: "synes ha blivit ihjälslagen av ryssarna"
"Seems to have become white ihjälslagen av ryssarna" (white soldier?)"

Can anyone translate this more clearly for me? Thanks! Rosalie Sundin

Private User
6/28/2013 at 12:57 PM

Lets try "Killed by the Russians. Married ca 1674. Farmer on the Keksi farm in Marjosaari village. Lived by has father in-law at Kaulinranta. After his father Antti, he hosted the Keksi farm at Marjosaari. Was killed in a skirmish against a Russian patrol 1716. The same patrol had robbed the Särkilahti church and beaten the pries so that he died the next day.

"synes ha blivit ihjälslagen av ryssarna" translates to "seems to have been killed by the Russians"

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion