Anne W. Connor - Burials of Nahum and Anne Baldwin and family

Started by Private User on Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
7/23/2013 at 8:18 PM

Burial information for Nahum, Ann, George, Emma, Augustus and John can be found at
www.sainthelenacemetery.com

7/24/2013 at 5:02 AM

Trying to contact

Private User
7/24/2013 at 8:10 AM

The cemetery has written me.
Nahum died of stomach cancer at age of 54. From Maine.
John died of chronic myocartitis in San Francisco.
Ann died of an aortic aneurism in Calistoga, age 75
Emma died age 70, arterial scerosis
From what I have gathered George and Emma had no children (per census),
Augustus and John were single (census for both, Augustus death certificate)
Let's coordinate research. : )

7/24/2013 at 8:35 AM

Thanks for the info....not sure how we could coordinate research....IF you had access to the profies you would see that I do have some census data....

I also use The Baldwin Genealogy, CC Baldwin..

It is a very well-known and quite reliable source....

I will see if I can get the page number for you...the Book is in the Web, in archive..

I have a hard-copy librarian's re-print....cause the archive is quite yellowed and hard to read sometimes.

7/24/2013 at 8:35 AM

P.S. Date of death would be VERY helpful.

Private User
7/24/2013 at 10:20 AM

I have found The Baldwin Genealogy online and found Seth, Nahum on pages 657 and 680.
What death dates do you need? That is what I mean by coordinate. : )
Augustus date of death September 30, 1924
Nahum and Ann marriage June 20, 1857 Shasta Co. Book F, page 54
Deaths of others might be on California death index - I haven't checked yet.
If you have The Baldwin Genealogy hardcopy, are there resources for Nahum & Ann's three son's that died as infants (births, deaths, where buried) ?
Thanks.

7/25/2013 at 7:10 AM

Fay Elizabeth Baldwin and I both have the hardcopy also. It's her Bible ;) I also use Families of Early Milford which you can purchase an on-line copy of from Google, but once the Baldwins move to say Vermont, it's not as useful.

7/25/2013 at 7:19 AM

FYI

I work closely with Hatte...she is most-knowledgable.(sp)

If you should want to, in the future...to continue on the Geni site...and are looking for ANYTHING about the Baldwins...remember that Hatte and I are here..

Hatte is a closer descendant of Henry of Woburn than I am....and is most interested in any extension of that line.

Please keep in mind that NEITHER of us work 'living' people....only those that are a matter of public record and, as such, some of the most recent information would be rather slim...

PLEASE let me know if you have any questions.

7/25/2013 at 8:51 AM

My 5th great grandmother was Freelove Baldwin of Milford, wife of the Martyr of Milford, Stephen Stow. My mother was full of stories of the Baldwins, Bruens, Stows, and Gallups. All I knew is that my family was full of important early founders of America and patriots. My great grandmother was Harriet (Hattie) Stow, who I am named for, and who must have told my mother the Baldwin et al stories. Related to Harriet Beecher Stow's husband and also to HBS herself since the Lymans, Beechers, Stows intermarried.

7/25/2013 at 8:54 AM

http://www.geni.com/projects/Stowe-Beecher-Lyman-Hawley-Families/951

Forgot the Hawleys. My ggm was named Harriet HAWLEY Stow. All our given and middle names on both sides of my mother's family commemorate ancestors - Wilbur (for the Wilbores), Perry, Hawley, Stow, Browning, etc.

7/25/2013 at 10:06 AM

If you contact thru my direct message link....we can talk the Baldwin's on that site (phone line).

7/27/2013 at 6:32 AM

Tried to reach you yesterday....

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion