Jeanne Dureau - Delamare both her Birthplace & her mother in law's surname?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Thursday, July 25, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
7/25/2013 at 7:20 AM

Jeanne Dureau presently has Delamare as her place of birth. Does anyone have the sources for this?.
I can't find a Delamare place on the net at all, and since she was baptised in Aeth, Hainant, België, it seems unlikely that she just happened to be born in a place that was the same as her mother-in-law's Jeanne Dureau# surname.

7/26/2013 at 11:31 PM

Did you look for la MARE" de "means from. I think la Mare is in Normandy FR.

7/27/2013 at 3:04 AM

Good idea, Barbara I'll go and look....
I see a modern place called la Mare, but can't find a history for it.

In Wikipedia this on the surname:
The De La Mare surname from French Normandy was progressively anglicized in England as De La More, More, and Moore after its bearers accompanied and assisted William the Conqueror in his conquest of England, eventually settling in Benenden, Kent County for several centuries, before many moved to America, including Reverend John Moore of Newtown, Long Island. The De La Mare's of Normandy trace their heritage to vikings and the coastal city of Møre og Romsdal in Norway. The Møre surname is a place name derived from the Old Norse "Moerr", and the Norwegian word "Marr", meaning ocean, sea, or coastal district. Rollo, the famous viking and founder of the Dukes of Normandy, which includes the present day Royal family of England, was a member of this family, his father being Rognvald Eysteinsson, Earl of Møre, Norway.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore_(surname)

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion