New Project on Jewish Partisans

Started by Hatte Blejer on hiatus on Thursday, August 15, 2013
Showing all 11 posts
8/15/2013 at 10:22 AM

We started a new project on the Jewish partisans to which I hope everyone will contribute family trees: http://www.geni.com/projects/Jewish-Partisans/15598.

Thanks Malka!

8/15/2013 at 10:51 AM

Thanks.

8/16/2013 at 7:15 AM

My uncle and his wife were partisans in the Maki in France. How can I add their names to your project.
Thanks, judy

8/16/2013 at 7:31 AM

Judith Goldberg - I'll invite you to the project and then you can add their profiles, assuming that they have profiles on Geni. Or you can give us their names only and we can add them to the list.

To add a profile to a project that you are a collaborator in, just go to ACTIONS in the profile view upper righthand and click to pull up the pull down menu and click on ADD TO PROJECT. It brings up your projects and you can scroll down and click on the project you want to add the profile to.

8/16/2013 at 7:36 AM

First you have to "Join" the Project via the upper right "Actions" Button on the Project page.

Then there are two ways to add a non-living individual to a project, either directly from their Profile or via the Project site.

1. Profile: Upper right hand corner click the "Actions" button, and from the fall down menu choose "Add to Project". You will be directed to find the project in the pull down menu that you want the individual added to.

2. Project Page: Again click the "Actions" Button on the upper right hand corner. Then choose "Add Profiles" and click and follow directions to add individuals name.

8/16/2013 at 7:38 AM

I find that Project Page is temperamental so I never use it :)

8/16/2013 at 7:49 AM

Hatte Blejer on hiatus Thanks for the pointer, good to know.

8/16/2013 at 7:53 AM

It assumes that the profile name you are typing in is in a short list of profiles that you follow or are related to you. Often however it does not recognize the name you type in unless you have just followed it.

8/16/2013 at 9:32 PM

Dear Hatte;
Thanks for the invite. I have joined the project and added two photos and three names to the project.
Judy

8/16/2013 at 9:36 PM

I found that you have to make the profile public or the option Ad to Project will not show under the Action tab on the right. Once you made the profile public you have to close and than open the profile again and the Ad to Project option will show up under the Action tab.

8/16/2013 at 9:52 PM

That's correct Judith Goldberg. I should have mentioned that. To add a profile to a project, the profile needs to be public.

You can also click on the REFRESH icon in your browser instead of closing and opening the profile again I believe, but you are exactly right.

I'm glad you figured it out!

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion