Stillman Edgar (Edward) Brown - Children listed incorrectly?

Started by Debra Carol Parcheta on Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
8/28/2013 at 7:21 PM

Hi Roxanne, thanks for posting this listing about my paternal grandfather. Everything is right except that he had 4 children, none of whom are named Lawrence of Hazel.

His 4 children in birth order (from wife Elizabeth Brown( Whitlock)) were Eloise ? ( Brown), Raymond Brown, Harold Everett Brown, Mack Brown.

I will dig up some pictures and post them for all. I have a picture of Stillman as well.

8/28/2013 at 9:38 PM

Thanks Debra!!! There is a lot I am not sure. Not sure were I may have got Lawrence.... could it be a middle name?

8/28/2013 at 10:00 PM

Debra, here is the birth record for Raymond from the NB Archives.

RS141A5
Index to Provincial Registrations of Births

Name BROWN, LAWRENCE RAYMOND
Sex M
Date 1914-09-22
Place ST. MARYS
County YORK
Father BROWN, STILLMAN
Mother WHITLOCK, ELIZABETH
Number 1833
Code A5/1914
Microfilm F24539

Will have to see where I got Hazel Brown from.

8/28/2013 at 10:02 PM

I found Hazel's birth record. It is as follows:

RS141A5
Index to Provincial Registrations of Births

Name BROWN, HAZEL WINIFRED
Sex F
Date 1912-03-22
Place ST. MARYS
County YORK
Father BROWN, STILLMAN EDWARD
Mother WHITLOCK, ELIZABETH BROWN
Number 1764
Code A5/1912
Microfilm F19025

8/28/2013 at 11:55 PM

I would love some pictures but you have your father's profile as private so any pictures you post I cannot see unless you make the profiles public or add me as a relative.

8/29/2013 at 8:06 AM

Thanks for the tip on the public private thing - I will have to figure out how to make them public....my first time at the site was yesterday when a search led me to Stillman's info on geni.com.

Are you a free member or paying? Is there any advantage to being a paying member of that site?

8/29/2013 at 8:10 AM

Thanks for the birth records above....I think I just figured out that my Uncle Ray did not use his first name! And my Aunt Eloise was really named Hazel Winifred....the dates and such match for her birth....she probably just used a nick name or something. I wonder what she had against the name Hazel?....we will never know.

8/29/2013 at 8:13 AM

I can't thank you enough - where are you finding these birth records? They are great.

8/29/2013 at 8:33 AM

Hazel Winifred died at 6 months old of Cholera Infantum aka Summer Complaints. She was born 3 days after Stillman's marriage to Eliza Whitlock.

I don't know when Eloise was born. Her marriage record has her full name as Eloise Elizabeth. If her birthday is the same as Hazel's then perhaps they were twins.

If you check Hazel's death record on her profile you will she died at 6 months 14 days old in October of 1912

8/29/2013 at 8:37 AM

Stillman's sister "Ethel Fraser" also named two of her daughters the same as her brother.They were Eloise and Hazel Fraser. Eloise Fraser never married, in fact she just died a couple of years ago at about 85 yrs old. She worked as a secretary administrator for the government.

Hazel Fraser is a couple of years younger then my mother.

8/29/2013 at 8:41 AM

I am a free member. So far I am satisfied with that.

8/29/2013 at 8:46 AM

RS141C4
Provincial Returns of Deaths

Name BROWN, HAZEL WINIFRED
Sex F
Age <1
Date 1912-10-06
County YORK
Code 1242
Volume
Reference C4/1912
Microfilm F18728

Raymond & Hazel are the only birth records I could fine. My mother didn't know Hazel existed either. Nor did she know Stillman & Elizabeth had a son Stillman Charles Brown. I found his marriage to Catherine Reid and it list Stillman and Elizabeth as his parents.

11/1/2023 at 7:46 PM

Hello Roxanne and Debra, This is Tammy. Colin is my father and son of Harold. I can not find any information on military records on this sight, can you direct me in the right direction

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion