John Clark, Hingham - Hingham

Started by Donald L. Woolley on Sunday, October 6, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
10/6/2013 at 11:05 AM

His last name is Clark. Just because he was born and died in Hingham doesn't mean that that should be his second last name.

Private User
10/6/2013 at 11:28 AM

Hum! I have no clue who entered it that was. Maybe they were trying to distinguse between another John Clark of the same era and didn't want them to get accidently merged. Just a though.

10/6/2013 at 11:48 AM

I agree with Judy. There were so many John Clark's that ended up in horrible family tangles!

I've just tried to make it a little clearer by using the "display name" field instead of the suffix. Does that help now?

10/6/2013 at 1:31 PM

We don't know why we received this "John Clark, Hingham - Hingham" e-mail. I find no "Hingham" as a last name, and only one "Clark" (Mary Clark - Wm. Trask's brother's wife) With rare exceptions, we have only added direct descendants. Siblings and second spouses are almost always somebody else's work.

We are fairly new to Geni and don't have a clue how so many names have gotten added to our list.
Tor Bejnar (Alice's husband)

10/6/2013 at 1:46 PM

Hi Tor & Alice

Take a look at this page

http://www.geni.com/worldfamilytree

Geni is a collaborative world tree. So you & 71 other descendants have him as an ancestor. Pretty cool to find cousins ...

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion