Leah and Lily are the same person

Started by Sharon Doubell on Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
10/9/2013 at 12:37 PM

Anthony John Davis says: Barney Barnato's brother (http://www.geni.com/people/Henry-Barnato/60000000127136594800’s tree shows two daughters: Unknown Profile and Leah / Lily Primrose Asher who are one and the same person, Leah or Lillie or Lily, she was known by all these names; Leah after her grandmother, Lily or Lillie, as everyone called her, both names that are in fact the same and vary according to who posted them.
Then there is a whole section that cannot be accessed, I don't know why, which repeats Harry's wives.
It really is a mess. Can you help clean it up? I emailed the other two profile managers on this and got no response.

I replied: Delighted for us to clean it up - I'm on the Eastern Cape South African coast at the moment, with limited connectivity. Creating a project and using it to keep track of a best possible line template, and also to drum up a work team to create such a template - is often the way to go. In years to come, when the inevitable mismerges happen - we then have a resource to use to quickly set it straight, without having to re-invent the wheel.
I'll go and see what there is by way of projects on the family so far....

10/9/2013 at 12:38 PM

If everybody is happy - specifically the managers of the two profiles - who I'll send the link to this discussion, and also invite to join the project: http://www.geni.com/projects/Barnato-Family/16202 - I will merge these two into one profile.

11/26/2014 at 1:28 PM

Interested to know your connection to the family. I am Lily Asher's great-grandson.

11/27/2014 at 9:12 AM

Hello Michael. I have no idea what my relationship is to her. I'm helping to Curate Barney's tree and maintain its integrity. If you are Lily's gr grandson - that's fantastic! Come and help us asap :-)

11/27/2014 at 9:23 AM

Anthony John Davis, if you come onto Geni, can you add Michael as a manager of Lily? Michael, I'll add you as a Collaborator on the Barnato project too.

11/28/2014 at 4:26 AM

I am most interested in the background of Harry Barnato's wife. She died in childbirth (Lily) and I have seen her grave in South Africa, but I can find no background information on her. If it is anywhere, it will be in South Africa.

11/28/2014 at 5:31 AM

Anthony John Davis has done research for a book in this area - you two might have research info to swap.

11/29/2014 at 2:56 AM

Many thanks, Sharon. Best wishes

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion