Raihana Abbas Tyabji - Demise and burial of Raihana Tyabji

Started by rajat narain on Sunday, October 13, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
10/13/2013 at 12:03 PM

My family was close to Raihana Tyabji since the mid-thirties when the she joined Gandhiji at Wardha. She passed away in in May 1975 in Delhi, where she used to stay with another disciple of Gandhiji, Kaka Kalelkar since the early 1950s and was buried in the cemetery belonging to the Jamiya Milia university in Okhla , New Delhi.

Private User
10/17/2013 at 2:15 AM

Thank you Rajat for contributing on these details for Raihana d/o Abbas Tyabji. I will update her profile accordingly. If you have any further information or pictures or work of hers to share, please feel free to keep adding to this discussion thread. Appreciate it.

10/26/2013 at 7:44 AM

Yes, I do indeed happen to have some material about her. She occupied sa special place in the family and I personally had the privilege of receiving her special affection and blessings. A product of the freedom struggle---- the golden age of India's recent history-- she epitomised the highest level of nationalism and syncretism. Shall try share some more reminiscences in due course.
Incidentally, may I ask whether you too had the privilege of her acquaintance.

Private User
1/17/2014 at 4:10 AM

Thank you again Rajat for sharing some light on Raihana khala. I'm afraid I didn't have the same privilige as you have enjoyed however, she and her cousin Kamela Tyabji were close to my grandmother. Sorry for the late response, but please do share any information or media that you would have of her, and her maiden family. Regards, Mahir

Private User
11/12/2015 at 10:56 PM

Hi Rajat. Can you share the information/ material on Raihana khala that you had mentioned about.

Private User
11/12/2015 at 10:57 PM

Private User, I believe you wanted to share some material on Raihana Tyabji as well.

6/26/2021 at 2:44 PM

I am looking for photos of Raihan Tyabji from her youth. Perhaps there is a photograph showing her image at the time she wrote "Gopi's heart"?

I come from Poland. I have read this text and I am delighted with the text. I would like to share more information about Raihana Tyabji, for my friends. My e-mail address: jacekrogowski@o2.pl

11/28/2021 at 12:49 PM

rajat narain There was no profile of Kaka Kalelkar until now. It will need some TLC to get it to appropriate glory.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion