Mary Cave - Parents of Mary Cave-c.1670 (who married John Echols) and other Cave 'connections'

Начал Dan Cornett среда, 15 января 2014
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (5)
15.1.2014 в 6:49 до полудня

According to [http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mysouthernfamily/... Michael Walker's note of Jan 2002], this Mary Cave's parents are unknown:

''"There must be tens of thousands and probably hundreds of thousands of people who descend from John Echols who married Mary Cave. And everywhere you look on the Internet, including many nicely designed websites, we have recorded that this Mary Cave was the daughter of John Cave and Elizabeth Travers, who herself was the daughter of Giles Travers and Ann Waugh. I accept the very very strong possibility that John Echols wife Mary was a Cave, based on their g-grandson Milner Echols's records as well as the many early Cave - Echols connections which he would not have known about. However, Milner also states Mary was the daughter of John Cave. This may be true, (or may possibly not be, a very early David Cave seems another possibility). Even if John Cave is Mary's father, however, it can't be the same John Cave who married Elizabeth Travers! Why? Many reasons, but a clear one is this. Mary (Cave) Echols birth date is not known, but she started having children in the late 1690's. So she was born probably ca 1670 maybe as late as 1680. Some records estimate 1674. Well, Elizabeth Travers's father, Giles Travers, was born ca 1662 proven by various records. So can someone explain to me how Giles could have had a grandaughter Mary Cave who was born when he was twelve years old? My personal opinion is that John Cave who married Elizabeth Travers, was the nephew or possibly even grand nephew of Mary Cave Echols. He could NOT have been her father. Please don't take this posting as confrontational. However it would be a great service if those many people who have posted on their webpages and elsewhere, the incorrect data that Mary Cave Echols' s parents were John Cave and Elizabeth Travers, would remove that incorrect data, and even contact other descendants they have (I realize unwittingly and with no malice) passed this mistake on to. "''

However, the current Geni connections show Elizabeth Travers (Mary's mother) as a late-in-life child of a William Travers, II-c.1597, not a child of Giles Travers.

There are not currently any Sources attached to Elizabeth Cave

Furthermore, the current Geni connections to John Cave, Sr are inconsistent with the text in the 'About'.

It seems there is some 'work' to be done in this area!

Private User
12.12.2014 в 3:49 после полудня

Can we remove her parents on here, then??

13.12.2014 в 8:42 до полудня

Since it's been almost a year with no other feedback ... I've removed John & Elizabeth as her parents. (I added 'unknown' Master Profile parents so future merges won't accidentally re-connect John & Elizabeth.)

FYI: Elizabeth Travers now (well, as of about 6 months ago) has Giles Travers as her father.

Private User
13.12.2014 в 8:11 после полудня

awesome :) thanks

10.5.2016 в 8:30 до полудня

Some additional info posted by user Darlene:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Records John Cave was an importer of fine wines and had a large warehouse in Marlborough Virginia in 1737. Source from an article of old wine bottles in the Antiques magazine June 1958

There is a ship belonging to Dublin arriv'd with wine from Madeira, which is bound for Philadelphia , the Master's name Eccles. Virginia Gazette -8 July 1737

23 October 1703 Land deeds King and Queens Cty Virginia: John Echolls and John Cave has land deed together. Land Patent John Cave and John Echolls 600 acres in K & Q Co in St Stephens parish, in the freshes of Mattapony River beg at Richards and Cave to E side of Potabago Path 23 October 1703

pg 54 trans of 12 pers
-------------------------------------------------------------

In my view, this interesting 'deed' info about a relationship between John Echolls (aka Eccles, Echols) and John Cave, and it also shows that there was some John Cave who was alive some 33 years after Mary's birth ... but still (to me) does not clearly indicate that this particular John Cave was the father of the wife of John Echols John Echols, of Caroline County.

To me, that this John Cave is not the father of Mary is further bolstered by the first two references to John Cave as a wine importer in 1737 ... to have been Mary's father, this wine importer would probably have to have been >82 years old in 1737.

Показаны все сообщения (5)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении