Latham Stull - Petitions for Niagara Settlers UEL

Started by Jeff Hagar on Monday, March 24, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

3/24/2014 at 5:02 PM

Stull, Latham

Upper Canada Land Petition of Latham Stull dated at Niagara on 28 Sep 1796 [using a pre-printed form with fill-ins]

“The Petition of Latham Stull late of Butlers Rangers—Respectfully shews, That your petitioner is desirous to settle on the lands of the Crown in this Province, being in a condition to cultivate and improve the same. That he is ready to take the usual oaths, and to subscribe the declaration, that he professes the Christian Religion, and obedience to the laws, and has lived inoffensively in the country which he has left. Prays your Honor, would be pleased to grant him as a reduced Soldier 300 acres of land. And your petitioner as in duty bound will ever pray.” [Unsigned] Added notes: “Petitioner also prays for a Lot in the Town of Newark. The Petitioner has a wife & four Children.” Added note of Thomas Ridout, N. P.: “I do hereby certify that Latham Stull personally applied to me for the above petition. [Signed] T Ridout N. P.” Received at the Executive Council Office on 28 Sep 1796 and read the same day. Ordered prayer granted on consideration of his producing certificate of his family being in the province, if no land have been granted before. [Upper Canada Land Petitions LAC “S” Bundle 2, Petition Number 65]

Certificate of Peter Ball, J. P. dated at Newark (Niagara-on-the-Lake) on 27 Sep 1796 attached to the Upper Canada Land Petition of Latham Stull

“I do hereby Certify that Latham Stull has served as a Private soldier in Butlers Rangers during the late War [Signed] P. Ball JP” [Upper Canada Land Petitions LAC “S” Bundle 2, Petition Number 65b]

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion