Presidents of the United States

Started by Jerome F. Weber on Sunday, July 20, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 91-120 of 320 posts

forgot link... so you all know, which Joan I´ve calculated- Joan of Acre

my Modern Joan... (although, living and therefore, set to Private)
Private

THE Joan of Arc (Saint) Saint Joan of Arc is your 24th great uncle's fourth great niece's husband's fifth great niece's husband's fourth great aunt.

but she hasn´t many profiles, in her tree... or connected... so, I´m thinking, with further research and adding... it will definitely, move to a blood relationship.

Jeanne d'Arc, La Pucelle d'Orléans

Joan of Acre, Countess of Gloucester & Hertford is your 21st great grandmother.

http://www.geni.com/path/Byron-Whitesides+is+related+to+Joan-of-Acr...

:-D <3

Henri IV, roi de France et de Navarre is your third cousin 15 times removed.

http://www.geni.com/path/Byron-Whitesides+is+related+to+Henri-IV-ro...

King James I of England and VI of Scotland is your third cousin 15 times removed.

http://www.geni.com/path/Byron-Whitesides+is+related+to+King-James-...

It seems I am related to the King of France and England, both responsible for the original settlement of Canada and America, respectively.

Joan of Acre, Countess of Gloucester & Hertford is my 21st great grandmother.

We should be entitled to some sort of designation. I like the sound of Sir Whitesides. LOL

Eleanor of Aquitaine, Queen of France and England is my 24th great grandmother.

John Lackland, King of England is my 23rd great grandfather.

Charlemagne is my 34th great grandfather.

Edward III of England is my 19th great grandfather.

William the Conqueror, King of England is my 27th great grandfather

Edward the III is my 20th great grandfather. I didn't check the other ones yet.

Time to do laundry.

Joan of Acre, Countess of Gloucester & Hertford is your 22nd great grandmother.
Joan of Acre

Henri IV, roi de France et de Navarre is your fifth cousin 14 times removed.
Henry IV the Great, king of France

King James I of England and VI of Scotland is your fifth cousin 13 times removed.
James VI King of Scots, James I King of England & Ireland

We are very much the same on our ancestors, so strange our relation is more distant.

Byron is my 13th cousin and its funny his line to me has a Burks in it and I have a branch on my tree of Burks also lol

That is good stuff there!

Thanks to Jerome Weber (19th cousin, no removals, common great grandparents in the 10th Baron de Venables family)for supplying some of the reasons for being related to many presidents and many others. All U.S. presidents are blood cousins, except Truman, although Bess is a blood cousin. When collecting presidential "baseball trading cards", there are other U.S. presidents not under the constitution. John Hanson was the 1st President under the articles of confederation was a cousins and others were a mixed lot of true cousins and cousins-in-law. Jefferson Davis was the only president of the C.S.A., discovered since my cousin Capt. William Bliss was Pres. Zachary Taylor's presidential assistant and Fort Bliss namesake, while marrying Taylor's 1st Daughter and Davis the 2nd, both having served Taylor in the Mexican War. Also, aside from being a great grandson of Charlemagne, Hugh Capet and others in the French line, I am a great grandson of King Alfred the Great in the Anglo-Saxon line and of course William the Conqueror in the French-Viking line back to Norway. Intermarriages for defense purposes has its consequences.

Regards,
Floyd Bliss Hanson
Thomas Bliss of Hartford line
Long known American cousin relationship to Winston Churchill

Hello Floyd Bliss Hanson, Prof. you are my 12th cousin and its nice meeting another..
Jerome F. Weber is 20th cousin

Floyd: don't omit Truman; he is in the first group of 11 presidents in the original post, so he is as closely related as any. The tough nut to crack is John Adams; I can't find any connection with the rest of the list (though my reference to his commoner ancestors was a little off, since there were English nobility among them). Monroe, Tyler and Obama are cousins to the other presidents but not to royalty as far as I've found.

The only president I cant find a blood connection to is Tyler

Funny because Tyler is my closest related President at 2nd cousin.

Re: Obama > royalty

The Stanley Ann Dunham tree is not complete, I connected in another line just the other day. So more work can be done on it.

Adams is a big project to tackle but there is probably more published work to review & ensure the tree is complete.

To Byron - I think it is probably because I am missing sections from my tree - maybe there are some merges I havent completed also, because I am not sure how to do it and I didnt want to mess up anything....

As mentioned earlier, all of the POTUS but van Buren descend from King John Lackland of England. I have started a collection of Canadian PMs as well as VPs, and SCOTUS Justices which offers a bit more of a challenge. They are drawn from a much larger and looser population including many non-WASPs and non-French Canadian pioneers.

So far I have Sir Charles Tupper, Sir Wilfred Laurier (on the $5 bill), Richard B Bennett, Louis St-Laurent, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Jean Chrétien, Stephen Harper. My relationship to Brian Mulroney is mercifully through his son-in-law.

Just because they're family doesn't mean you have to like 'em.

Sadly I left my Dead Presidents in my other pair of pants, er, my other family tree, and it is stuck as is all too usual, one of the reasons I decided to join Geni about a week ago.

President Tyler is related to the old English-New England family of Taylors (spelled variously). He also has Presidential cousins.

Ever visit famouskin.com? They link numerous celebrities and Presidents to each other. Oh my, look! They just added Rand Paul! Rand Paul.

Jerome mentioned that Obama was cousins to the other presidents, but not to royalty. Obama is a former neighbor and 15th cousin once removed and our minimum common great grandparents come from the Saville family, Nicholas and Margaret (Wilkeneon, his15th and my 14th. In a couple of ascending steps I get to Henry Savile (de Saville), of Copley, so I take the "de" to mean a land-owning noble, but no evidence of royalty.

Regards,
Floyd Bliss Hanson

PS: Geni mostly gives the sibling base of the top of the 1st cousin triangle, but I prefer to look for the vertex of the minimum common great grandparent(s), which I also save in my summaries. The MCGGs tell me that I and the Presidents Bush are common Bliss Descendants, unfortunately, and so are J.P. Morgan, Warren Buffet, John (Morrison) Wayne and Clinton Eastward, as well as other cousins.

Speaking of Tyler, Julia Tyler, FLOTUS, is 5th cousin, 7 removes from ... Rand Paul!

Poor Lady.

Tina,

You and I are Skinner Family Descendants in common, 11th order grandchildren.

Floyd

And President Taft is a 7th cousin 6 removes of Randal* Howard Paul.

*I wondered if he might not be a Randal.

Us genealogists are pretty much proof against conspiracy theories because we know why it's so easy to construct grand conspiracies based on family relations. The Great Diabolical Families are not a conspiracy. They are just business as usual for genealogists.

1. Barrack Hussein Obama
2. Stanley Ann Dunham
3. Stanley Armour Dunham
4. Ruth Lucille Armour
5. Gabrielle Clark
6. Susan Catherine Overall
7. George W. Overall
8. Anne Browning
9. Susannah Hickman
10. Harman Lewis
11. Davis Lewis, Sr.
12. Elizabeth Warner (these names will look familiar: Geo Washington)
13. Mildred Reade
14. George Reade
15. Mildred Windebanke
16. Frances Dymoke
17. Anne Tailboys
18. Elizabeth Gascoygne
19. Sir William XII Gascoyne
20. Joan Neville
21. John Neville, Esq.
22. Mary Ferrars
23. Countess Joan Beaufort
24. John Plantagenet
25. Edward III Plantagenet
26. Edward II Plantagenet
27. Edward I Plantagenet
28. John I Plantagenet, "Lackland"

Tyler is related to Taylor, as I believe I said and also to:

William Henry Harrison
(9th U.S. President)
4th cousin 1 time removed via William Armistead

Thomas Nelson
(Signer of Declaration of Independence)
4th cousin 1 time removed via William Armistead

General Robert E. Lee
(Confederate Army - U.S. Civil War)
5th cousin via William Armistead

Benjamin Harrison
(23rd U.S. President)
5th cousin 1 time removed via William Armistead

Admiral Richard Byrd
(Polar Explorer)
5th cousin 2 times removed via William Armistead

(see famouskin.com)

He is also descended from King John.

From wearerelated.com:

1. President John Tyler
2. Judge and Governor John Tyler
3. Alice Strother
4. William IIII Strother
5. William III Strother (common ancestor with Taylor)
6. William II Strother
7. Dorothy Savage
8. Captain Anthony Savage
9. Anthony Savage
10. Frances Savage
11. Christopher II Savage, Lord
12. Anne Stanley
13. Joan Goushill
14. Elizabeth FitzAlan
15. Richard III FitzAlan
16. Eleanor Plantagenet, Countess
17. Henry III Plantagenet
18. Edmund Plantagenet
19. Henry II Plantagenet
20. John I Plantagenet

Hope I copied this out correctly and that it helps.

Showing 91-120 of 320 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion