mtDNA results?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Monday, September 22, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 91-120 of 171 posts

It is Wednesday and time for me to start working. Everting is completed, my Mother`s Dna my Mother in Law's Dna , My Dna , My Fathers Dna I didn't do my Father in laws Dna because it is well known that he was an Apple.
Thanks Sharon and Carel for all the help.

Sharon, You should look at Lijsbeth Arabus,my wife's 8th maternal line Grandmother, and my ordinary 9th Great Grandmother. Her Dna Should be L3b3. She originated from Abyssinia, the northern part of present day Ethiopia and in Biblical times Kush, where Moses`s wife, from Biblical times that causes the family fight, came from.

Another thing of interest is that" KING TUT" and me have got the same Dna grouping. Only a very small presentation of todays Egyptians have that Dna type. May be the Pharaohs , and so me are Alliens

ET go home :-0

Dries, my favorite cousin, a Pharaoh, I bow, how do you want your honey beer served, with or without tears ? ; )

Yesterday at a political meeting in Sweden at Almedalen, a right wing populist demanded that people must do slave work in order to get social welfare in Sweden! Well, slavery are soon back in businesses again...

Sharon, Cousin, somewhat removed.
I don't want to get off the discussion. But slavery has never stopped. I know the North and the South of the present day North America fought each other, the British navy sailed the seven seas releasing slaves sinking ships and so on. In their Colonies releasing slaves at a quarter of their value.

Behind this all was "BIG MONEY". It was at the time of the Industrial revolution. They dint call you a slave any more, you become an Employee and your Boss become an Employer. They dint hit you with a whip, they got measures like, with holding bonuses, disciplinary actions. It will take to long
to name all the methods they use.
If an Employee (read slave) get himself an Employee (read slave) that person becomes a servant.

Now back to my wife's 8th maternal line Grandmother.

I have put some notes in the foregoing reply blocks. It makes interesting reading.

According to the first fifty years project Lijsbeth Arabus and her sister was brought from Madagascar and were princesses given to Maria van Riebeeck by the French Admiral. It is also stated that he departed from Nantes, France via Cape Verde (Located Atlantic Ocean). Madagascar (Indian Ocean) up to Socotra and then to the Red sea. He returned the same way. So his last stop before reaching Saldanah Bay was Madagascar.

First Fifty years project mentioned that they were princesses and then one or other scribe makes the mistake of writing from Madagascar
Madagascar at that stage had a stable monarchy and I don't think they would have been selling their children.

We should some time decide what is the most reliable Dna or the writings
of a non caring clerk
As you will see from the Dna spreading .map the highest concentration of L3b3 Dna group are in the vicinity of Ethiopia Previously known as Abyssinia and more North

My dad told me sometimes if there was political rivalry, they would get rid of the opposition, by "putting them out of the country", sometimes as slaves.
Not just political in modern sense but "hoog geplaaste" /adelike kompetisie.

Amper soos Josef

Lijsbeth Arabus, SM/PROG Catching up a bit here.

Now Martin Andreas Karl (Dries) Potgieter, I got all excited - but I can't find your mom-in-law's mtDNA anywhere on geni. What is it?

Petrus Philippus Potgieter, b1c8d1e5f9g6h4i9J3
This is my sons profile with his mothers mtDna particulars. It is L3b3

Thanks Dries - I don't know why it didn't propagate up the line. Geni is still ironing out glitches. I'll get on it now.

I started a Madagascar Genealogy project, for what it's worth. The royal lineage seems very inbred, so maybe an outside chance that it matches to the royal slaves if we match descendant DNA one day :-) https://www.geni.com/projects/Madagascar-Genealogy/36864
All welcome to join; add text to the project, & add profiles - including the SA Slaves who are from Madagascar.

In reply to a letter I received from Marie, here are a link to Cape Verde, it doesn't say much. http://www.asemana.publ.cv/spip.php?article53184

https://tracingafricanroots.wordpress.com/
Marie it will be interesting to follow your study. But with that mixture it will be very difficult to come to a acceptable conclusion.
Some thing interesting but somewhat out of line with the present discussion is the character of Maria van Riebeeck. With the van Riebeeckstwo came two nieces, (cant remember if they were Marias or Jan's) of age about 14 or so and when van Riebeeck took Eva (Krotoa) in his house hold, not as a slave but more like a step daughter, It was they who start learning her Dutch and clad her in "Indian women style Clothing .
She was A quick learner and in time became an interpreter, she even warn van Riebeeck about some of her Uncle Harry`s schemes. That lead to a loyalty conflict between her own people and the Dutch. To put it short I think she was treated quite well by the van Riebeecks and that is why the Admiral gave the two young princess to them .
I better stop before I have every body crying, but there is still so much to tell.

:-)

Richard Henry Giesken
You → Margaret Magdalena Giesken
your mother → Catharina Elizabeth Harris
her mother → Magdalena Susanna Swart, f5g6
her mother → Jacomina Elizabeth Christina van Zyl, b1c12d1
her mother → Magdalena Susanna Hansen (Willer)
her mother → Jacomina van den Berg, b2c8d5
her mother → Anna Van Den Berg, b7c2d1
her mother → Martha Rossouw, b3c4 SM
her mother → Maria Magdalene Nortje/Nortier, b4
her mother → Marthe Catherine Pinard, b2 SM
her mother → Marie de Gravé, SM/PROG
her mother

My mtDNA is T2b done by 23&me, I did uploaded the raw data to Geni a few years ago.
My tree shows my maternal ancestor was Marie Le Febre. Any others haveing T2b are
Welcome to view my tree.

Thanks.

Geni is "a bit" slow on processing other data than FTDNA.

Here is your mtDNA Project on Geni:

https://www.geni.com/projects/T2b-Mitochondrial-DNA/34428

Hi i am Charlotte fourie my mtdna is H 1e

@ Charlotte fourie

Hi Charlotte. Do add your tree onto geni.

I have U2c1. Can't work out how to upload my DNA results in full.

https://www.geni.com/dna-tests/faq Scroll down - depends who you tested through.

My MtDNA Haplogoup is H3b1b1 - I descend from Anna Maria SWART (*Sweden).
She was married to Martin MECKLENBURG, Carl STRANG and Jan Joachim SCHOLTZ.

She does not seem to have a profile yet.

Annemarie

No, there is definitely a Anna Maria SWART... :) Here is the profile:

Anna Maria Meckelenburg. Strang. Scholtz

It would be a great find!

Yaay! I'll go and add it to the project - if you haven't already, 7th cousin :-)

Showing 91-120 of 171 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion