mtDNA results?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Monday, September 22, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 121-150 of 171 posts

Quite excited to see where things go. I haven't got too much information on my maternal line...yet

Well, genealogy is playing the long game, and the rule is that breakthroughs never happen until you've given up :-)

I was trying to find matches for her and see that her birth surname is the same as her husband's; married surname van Niekerk. Should it be the other way around?

Probably... I haven't spent any time on looking at her detail yet. Looking at the Snyman side of my family first. I'll review and fix tonight.

I have tested my mtDNA at the Wits University's Origin Centre and my haplogroup is U2e1 (the same as my 9th Great Grandmother, Marie Grillion, SM/PROG)

@ Marie Grillion, SM/PROG Is also my 8th g grandmother and my kids 8th great grandmother on their fathers side.

I have just had my mtDNA result confirmed by DNA test as haplogroup T2b1 - which was as predicted and fits my maternal line on Geni to Marie le Fébre SM/PROG.

welcome to our haplogroup

Private User, add your name under Marie on the SA mtDNA Progenitors project - I've invited you.

Jen Phillips Bales-Smith - T1a1
Both my paternal and maternal g.g.g.g. grandparents were 1820 South African Settlers (Phillips & Hayhurst)
Anyone else with the same mtDNA as myself ??
Kind regards.

My daughter in law Riaana Kirkpatrick tested T2b33 on FTDna and
FTDna placed her with other 'zero diiference T2b33' matches. As there are still several gaps in information about daughter-in-law's maternal line i have not linked her to Marie de Grave yet. I have checked the 'line' of several of her zero-difference T2b33 and the descendants line of Marthe Catherine Pinard comes up.

Anne, will you please OK the three requested merges up your daughter in law`s tree female line.
Edward Edmund Henry Heather

Hello Dries. Confused about your message. Edward E H Heather and my daughter-in-law?

Hello Dries. Confused about your message. Edward E H Heather and my daughter-in-law?

Ohhh very interesting can somebody summerize once in a while to here :)

Mine is H49a (I am unable to find female connection to denmark, finland, sweden and usa while other close relatives have H48 or H1aK1 or LO?? but we also have jacoba ect sooo following this chat

Geni copies the mtDNA to family members once we upload it and then finds the people that could be 2 and that can be a mission to figure out. But one day this will be a blood test and we will be slottet where we belong ... who wknos?

I have just had my mtDNA result confirmed (FTDNA) as haplogroup U5a1c1a - which was as predicted and fits my maternal line on Geni to Engeltje Cornelisz van der Bout, SM/PROG

Wow. Great news Johannes. She's your granny on more than one line - so I had to physically walk your mtDNA Grannies:
Engeltje Cornelisz van der Bout, SM/PROG to Anna Maria Koopman to Petronella "Pieternella" Jansen to Anna Francina Esterhuizen to https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000025092722819#60000000... etc

I think this is confirming a different daughter line of Engeltje's to everyone else - which converged on Anna Maria Jacoba Grootschel, SM/PROG or Catharina Koopman, SM? It may prove the line further up too?

I had Full mtDNA test done on Familytreedna and have a confirmed mtDNA Haplogroup of H1ak1. I have traced my maternal line to Cornelia Helm (married Adrian van Wyk) and her mother Geertruij Willemsz. Would like to join your project. Regards Christiaan Wessels Christiaan Frederik Wessels

Added you to project and text, and invited you to manage on your grannies.

Also your Granny on more than one line :-)

Sharon. Thank you. I appreciate. Regards Christiaan

Richard Henry Giesken says

Here's another mtDNA connection. This time to Marie de Grave, SM/PROG.

I noticed that a mtDNA profile had been propagated to my profile. Carel-Johannes-Daniel-Fisher below is also a mtDNA descendant of Marie de Grave and confirms T2b33. (my mom is T2b33 but because i did the test for her with the National Geographic GenoProject, I cannot propagate to Geni).

https://www.geni.com/people/Carel-Johannes-Daniel-Fisher/6000000033...

is it possible to add the above profile to Marie de Grave on mtDNA Progenitor page. Thanks

The mystery questing now is, why does Chris Steyn's mtDNA differ

Heads up, Private User

On Chris Steyn Tree why not a solid line connection for his mother Viljoen to her parents ?

Mtdna T2 also found in graves in present day Ukraine where my Y-Dna R-U106 was found.
Associated with proto-europeans and Yamna culture.

So Maria Magdalena Nortje is T2b33 confirmed by triangulation of Carel Johannes Daniel Johannes Fisher & Margaret Magdalena Giesken's genetic tests

so it does not propagate up the tree beyond Marie-Madeleine Magdalena Pinard? I'm assuming that's to do with Gini policy rather than an issue with the matrilineal line?

No, no - Marie is the first common ancestor between you - your lines come from two different daughters of hers.

Geni only propagates to a certain number of generations - 8 if I recall?

Showing 121-150 of 171 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion