Started by Sharon Doubell on Monday, September 22, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 151-171 of 171 posts

On FTDna Marie de Grave is T2b33.

Anne -- could you patch in the link ?
Who is the descendant there who tested ?

https://haplogroup.org/mtdna/rsrs/l123456/l23456/l2346/l346/l34/l3/...

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/mt-dna-haplotree/T;name=T2b33

Wilde et al. (2014) tested mtDNA samples from the Yamna culture, the presumed homeland of Proto-Indo-European speakers. They found T2a1b in the Middle Volga region and Bulgaria, and T1a both in central Ukraine and the Middle Volga. The frequency of T1a and T2 in Yamna samples were each 14.5%, a percentage higher than in any country today and only found in similarly high frequencies among the Udmurts of the Volga-Ural region.[7

Marie de Grave, SM/PROG is your 9th great grandmother.
mtDNA haplogroup T3b33 so possible origin from Europe very likely then .

My own Ydna also highest % in central Ukraine and the Middle Volga. atDNA suggest about 30 % of my ancestors also from same region

I've corrected an issue in Pieterse tree, changed Ferdinand Lucas Johannes Bartel Pieterse's wife from Susanna Johanna Catharina Coetzee to Susanna Johanna Coetzee but no change to mtDNA as they coincide on Susanna Johanna de Beer.

Susanna Johanna de Beer and Carel Johannes Daniel Johannes Fisher coincide on Maria Magdalena Nortje.

Private User needs attention; be good if we could all fill in the gaps and see where her line leads.

I've just proven that on Lodewyk Christiaan Steyn's tree his mtDNA result does not propagate to the De Grave Stammoeder, and his mtDNA results to De Grave should be discarded. The problem profile is Clasina Sophia KANNEMEYER, and her mother was not VAN ELLEWEE. This is from the MOOC record of VAN ELLEWEE [http://databases.tanap.net/mooc/main_article.cfm?id=MOOC8%2F26%2E39... here] which shows her last daughter was Maria Elizabeth born 1795.

Secondly I do not have full access to Kirkpatrick above, and the tree obviously incomplete (and incorrect imo), but has build her mtDNA tree from here:

Anna Sara / Susanna Elizabeth Windt

This still leads, via the correct route, to De Grave as T2b33. This will be "on Geni" once a Curator can merge this correctly.

This means that we have 2-4 T2b33 results for De Grave, and no U5a results for her anymore, and that this discussion can be finalised.

thanks. I have included information which i have first hand from family members. will take another look. Happy for any input.and correctioons.

Seems something went wrong with the "@" usage within previous message on 22 Jan 2022 for the part on Chris Steyn

cf

Private User and

Clasina Sophia Geyer (not a child of VAN ELLEWEE) - her DN does give an exact DOB (via calculation), which also is too soon after her elder (half-)sister Elizabeth Maria.

Private User RE I've just proven that on Lodewyk Christiaan Steyn's tree his mtDNA results to De Grave should be discarded.

Am I missing something? I can't see any MtDNA on Lodewyk's profile?

Also, as I see it his mtDNA progenitor would be Susanna van Angola, SM/PROG

and he's not a blood relative of Clasina Sophia Geyer

To see his tree this is the quick link

https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/1257174

You view in on 5+ ancestors and you will see that Clasina Sophia Geyer sits exactly on his mtDNA line?

Mistake in the linking, as Private User explained:

Johanna Catharina Kannemeyer - Problematic profile, for reasons Jan described.
Clasina Sophia Geyer
Susanna Johanna Hermina Lubbe
Dorathea Elizabeth Viljoen
Hester Carolina Louw
Dorathea Elizabeth Steyn
Private User - Correct Chris Steyn.

Not Lodewyk Christiaan Steyn as erroneously linked earlier.

Oh - so this is Chris's line?

Thanks for pointing out the mistake in my maternal mtDNA tree. I was not certain about the Kannemeyer - van Ellewee connection, so I will disconnect them.
Greetings
Chris Steyn

My mtDNA is T2b4 & my earliest line is back to Isabeau Richarde, b. 1668 d. 1740

How is it possible that we have no direct descendents of Angela of Bengale that have tested?

Private User has just shown that Private 's T2b1 MtDNA confirms Marie le Fébre SM/PROG 's MtDNA through a new daughter - Isabeau Prevot I'd say that's pretty solid confirmation of Marie's MtDNA and validates another of her lines. Thanks Jan and Marjo Wenzel van Lier for uploading Schoeman's DNA for us.

My mtDNA - T1a1

Showing 151-171 of 171 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion