Túathal Teachtmhar, 106th High King of Ireland - Something is just not Clicking here

Started by Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns on Thursday, October 30, 2014
Showing all 6 posts
10/30/2014 at 10:31 AM

Something is just not Clicking here correctly in my mind - or am I reading things wrong? seems like some confusion - missing links and/or wrong connections made between these profiles

@Eithne Nar nic Imgheal of Alba, {Legendary, Lebor Gabála Érenn}

@Túathal Teachtmhar (Lebor Gabála Érenn)

@Fiacha Finnfolaidh (Lebor Gabála Érenn)

@Imgheal aka Elderus, King of the Picts see comments under his about me also

Bress-Nar -Lothar (or Finemhnas )[87]

Bress-Nar -Lothar (or Finemhnas), son of Eochaidh Feidlioch & Clothfionn. The practice of burying the dead beneath the surface of the earth was begun during this time. Previously a body had been laid on the surface and stones were heaped over it. Finemhnas had a son:

Lughaidh Sriabh-n Dearg[88]

Lughaidh Sriabh-n Dearg, son of Bress-Nar-Lothar, d. 8 B.C., killed himself by falling on his sword; m. Dearborguill, daughter of the King of Denmark. Lughaidh was the 98th Monarch of Ireland. He formed an alliance with the King of Denmark, at which time he married the kings daughter Dearborguill. Lughaidh & Dearborguill had:

Crimthann-Niadh-Nar, The Heroic[89]

Crimthann-Niadh-Nar, son of Lughaidh Sriabh-n Dearg, d. 9, from a fall from his horse; m. Nar-Taht-Chaoch, daughter of Laoch, son of Daire, who lived in the land of the Picts. Crimthann-Niadh-Nar was the 100th Monarch of Ireland. During the time of his reign, Jesus Christ was born. Crimthann made expeditions to Britain and Gaul. He assisted the Picts and Britians in their wars against the Romans. Crimthann-Niadh-Nar & Nar-Taht-Chaoch had:

Feredach Fionn -Feachtnach[90]

Feredach Fionn Feachtnach , son of Crimthann-Niadh-Nar & Nar-That-Chaoch, d. 36, at the regal city at Tara, of natural causes. Feredach Fionn Feachtnach was the 102nd Monarch of Ireland. The name feachtnach was given to him because of his truth and sincerity. Feredach Fionn Feachtnach had:

Fiacha Fionn Ola [91]

Fiacha Fionn Ola , son of Feredach Fionn-Feachtnach, d. 56, slain by Eiliomh MacCorach , of the Race of Ir; m. Eithne , daughter of the King of Alba . Fiacha Fionn Ola was the 104th Monarch of Ireland. He reigned for 17 years before he was slain. Eithne being near the time of her delivery, at the time of her husband’s death, went into labour and delivered their son just after his death. Fiacha Fionn Ola & Eithne had:

Tuathal Teachtmar [92]

Tuathal Teachtmar , son of Fiacha Fionna Ola & Eithne , b. 56; d. 106, slain by Mal (his successor); m. Baine , daughter of Sgaile Balbh , King of England. Tuathal was the 106th Monarch of Ireland. After coming of age, Tuathal gathered his friends and with the aid of his grandfather, the king of Alba, came into Ireland and fought over a hundred battles. There were twenty-five battles in Ulster; twenty-five battles in Leinster; twenty-five battles in Connaught; and thirty-five in Munster. Tuathal created the county of Meath by taking four tracts of land for the neighboring “counties”, establishing it as the seat of the Monarchy. Here he built a royal palace at Tailtean. On Lewy’s Day, a fair was held near the grave of Queen Tailte , at which time those of suitable age for marriage were brought together. Here marriage articles (contracts) were agreed upon and ceremonies performed. He established a royal tribute to be paid yearly by the provincial Kings. He imposed a large fine on the provience of Leinster, in retaliation for the death of this two daughters. The fine which was to be paid every two years, was composed of:

http://crossedbrushstudio.com/windowsintoourpast/Vol1/milesius.htm

Dear Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns,

I had trouble navigating the path. It kept leaping forward then backward in time and relations were askew. I thought it was just the prescriptions my doctors have me on. You are so meticulous. This is a job only a few individuals with your expertise. I am no help. In fact, if it ends up that I'm not related to them, How do I remove myself. There could be so many profiles that way! You can do it. I believe in your abilities. Believe in yourself. Walk softly and take care.

Respectfully and Sincerely,

T

10/30/2014 at 3:00 PM

I am no real expert in this area - I am just taking one branch at a time in my personal file and matching with GENI

It is amazing how many times I have been "around the barnyard" so to speak and how many connect back to the same branches over and over.

I work probably to long, to hard and then get confused...

I tread lightly on many and when in doubt question - maybe some do not like it but the way I feel it should be... nobody is prefect... there is always transcription errors... and many different variations of the names being or have been used in the past to help add to the confusion.

Private User
10/30/2014 at 3:31 PM

I tread this profile lightlyhe is my 48th grt grandfather i take this with a grain of salt

10/30/2014 at 7:25 PM

There are two different dating systems used for the early Irish kings, and no way to choose between them or to reconcile them. The dates in this area will always be a mess until we decide how to handle that problem.

Here is an example of the dating systems.
Simon Breac mac Aedham, Ard Rí na h'Éireann {Legendary, Annals of the Four Masters}

Siomón Brecc, High King of Ireland, the Speckled, Spotted, Ornamented

The [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebor_Gab%C3%A1la_%C3%89renn Lebor Gabála Érenn] synchronises his reign with that of Xerxes I of Persia (485–465 BC).[2] The chronology of [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Keating Geoffrey Keating's Foras Feasa ar Éirinn] dates his reign to 685–679 BCBC,[3] that of the [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annals_of_the_Four_Masters Annals of the Four Masters] to 910–904 BC.[4] His Son was Muiredach Bolgrach

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion